You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2021-07-19 14:59:40

ComLu

English documentation link

Hello everyone,

I was searching GLPI's English documentation in glpi-project.org website without success... then I found it in the GitHub page:

github.com/glpi-project/doc
Specifically it is here: glpi-user-documentation.rtfd.io
(links are note clickable because I can't post links...)

How about to link it in the main website too?
Right know the "hidden user documentation" (explained below) page is linking only very old user documentation, and only in french.

Another thing, when I was searching it I hovered the dropdown Resource menu on the main menu of the homepage and Documentation page link was not there... I found it by Google and only then I noticed that I need to click Resource.

Maybe it's better to list the Documentation with like are listed Roadmap and Demo? I'm afraid that many people interested in GLPI give up and go couse of that.

Regards

Last edited by ComLu (2021-07-19 15:00:22)

#2 2021-07-22 11:29:41

cconard96
Website

Re: English documentation link

The English documentation you found is not complete yet. It is the replacement for the French version you found but has no translation for French which are a major group of GLPI users.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

#3 2021-07-22 11:44:28

BW~Merlin

I am willing to spend some time writing/updating the documentation which I posted about here github.com/glpi-project/doc-install/issues/59 if others are willing to review it particularly around security and best practise.

#4 2021-07-22 13:35:57

cconard96
Website

If you have contributions that are not system specific, I can review the pull requests.
I asked about the addition of specific instructions for certains OS and web servers and it desired to keep them generalized.

I think more work is required for the user documentation at this time and not the installation documentation. If you want to make a contribution to that, I can review them too.

GLPI Collaborator and Plugin Developer.
My non-English comments are automated translations. Sorry for any confusion that causes.
Mes commentaires non anglais sont des traductions automatiques. Désolé pour toute confusion qui cause.
Mis comentarios que no están en inglés son traducciones automáticas. Perdón por cualquier confusión que cause.

Board footer