You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2020-12-07 13:10:39

capfab

SOLVED - search filter for computers does not work

Hello all,

I'm facing an odd issue:

I've been able so far to add many computers into many enclosures, adding them from the item_enclosure.form.php page.
(Select item type: Computer , then enter some text in the item field to filter the huge list of computers not yet assigned to an enclosure. That is the normal behavior)
But it appears that from a certain amount of Computers added to enclosures, the filter in the item field for computers search does not work anymore, the only content of the list displayed is the beginning of the Computers table.

If I remove one computer from the enclosure I'm working on or from another enclosure, the search filter works again.

This happens for any enclosure, for any computer I've assigned previously, no matter the order or the position of the item in the enclosure, but only for Computers.
All other types of hardware (monitors; network devices; devices) are not affected.

I tried to test to add a monitor into the enclosure and then add a computer, the monitor adding does not affect the issue, only the amount of computers assigned into enclosures seems to be the problem.
That limit seems to be 844 computers (computers not items) in the glpi_items_enclosures table. From 845 computers, the search filter stops filtering.
I have 4785 rows in the glpi_computers table (2653 not deleted, plus 7 templates), and 369 rows in the glpi_enclosures tables (214 not deleted, and 14 templates), I don't know if that can be a clue.

My production version is 9.4.5, but I tried on another test server with the dump of my DB with the 9.5.3 version, with the same issue.

To be more precise, the text entered to filter the list is still underlined in the list, but that list is always the top list of the first 100 computers, as displayed from the computers.php page, minus the computers already assigned into a rack (for my case 98 computers), repeating indefinitely when scrolling down the list

I tried to switch language from French to English with no effect, too.

Could that be a memory issue in the item_enclosure.form.php page ?

Thanks,

Regards

Last edited by capfab (2020-12-09 19:09:58)

#2 2020-12-09 18:38:17

capfab

Re: SOLVED - search filter for computers does not work

I have the same issue when I want to install a Computer in a Rack. So it seems this has nothing to do with enclosures, just the search of computers module, probably used both pages (item_enclosure.form.php and the floating window in rack.form.php when adding an item)

#3 2020-12-09 19:06:37

capfab

Re: SOLVED - search filter for computers does not work

Problem solved!

The amount of computers I had was the clue: in the php.ini config, the default value of max_input_vars is 1000, even if the line in php.ini is commented. You can confirm this by having a look into the logs of your apache server (error_log):
"PHP Warning:  Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0, referer: https://glpi95/glpi/front/rack.form.php?id=60"

I decommented the line max_input_vars = 1000 , set it to 5000, and restarted apache.
It works like a charm now.

Last edited by capfab (2020-12-09 19:07:19)

Board footer