You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2020-10-15 19:00:07

guillonet

[Resolved] Ticket category using FormCreate

Hello community, I've a situation that I don't know how to solve.
My configuration is GLPI v9.4.5 and FormCreator v2.10.2.

The hierarchy of entities is as follows:
Root (recursive)
Root > Administration (non-recursive)
Root > IT (non-recursive)
Root > Maintenance (non-recursive)

Requirements:
1. The user shouldn't create tickets in the Root entity, only can in the child entities.
2. The user must be able to see the complete list of tickets for all child entities.
3. Each entity has its own hierarchy of ticket categories.
4. When creating a ticket from FormCreator, the user must be able to choose the ticket category.

The configuration is as follows:
- Only child entities are associated with users, so the creation of tickets in the Root entity is restricted.
- The default entity for users is Root so that they can see the tickets of all child entities after login (it is forced from massive actions).
- Users can filter tickets of an entity by selecting the entity. Users will be able to see the tickets of all entities again by clicking on "Show all"

So far everything OK, the problem is when I want to add the question "Ticket category" in the form.

Attempted solutions:
(a) When I create 1 form in the Root entity, the user can choose the target entity of the ticket through a field. The form is available in any entity or in the tree structure.
But, when adding the question "Ticket category", the categories of all entities are displayed; Furthermore, if the current entity is different from the destination entity, the categories of the ticket don't match.

(b) When I create 1 form for each child entity (the target entity field is no longer necessary), the "Ticket Category" field shows the categories of all child entities if the tree structure is activated.

Solution for (a) should be: the ticket categories field should change when another entity is selected in the form.
Solution for (b) should be: the ticket categories field should only show the entity's ticket categories.

Any recommendation will be appreciated

Last edited by guillonet (2020-10-19 15:15:01)

#2 2020-10-19 15:14:18

guillonet

Re: [Resolved] Ticket category using FormCreate

Solution (a) doesn't work: I can emulate the behavior with 3 equal fields and using rules to show / hide according to the selected entity, but then it is not possible to map the 3 fields to the ticket category.

Solution (b) works: By adding a base category (which I call base_entity) in the root of each entity, it can be filtered with the "subtree root" field.

Board footer