You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2020-05-18 15:48:30

PhillF

Adding Alphanumeric Characters to Ticket IDs [Behaviors Plugin?]

Hello All,

I am trying to add alphanumeric prefixes for CHG (CHG) and and Tickets. If I could do the for Incidents (INC) and Requests (REQ) separately that would be great. I want my techs to be able to look at a ticket ID an know what it is without even opening it. This is also useful for Outlook inbox sorting rules. The other reason is one of workflow. Emails will come in as REQs and depending on the situation get created as a linked CHG or INC where appropriate.

I have tried modifying the "tickets_id_format" and "changes_id_format" to have \I\N\C and \C\H\G respectively but that was a negative result nor does it solve the separate INC & REQ issue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance rendered.

#2 2020-05-18 17:05:58

Mysterehyde

Re: Adding Alphanumeric Characters to Ticket IDs [Behaviors Plugin?]

I am also interested in your solution if you find one ;-)

What was the result you had as "negative result" ?

#3 2020-05-19 05:15:09

PhillF

Mysterehyde wrote:

What was the result you had as "negative result" ?

Either of the following depending on my approach:
1) Break the settings page of the Behaviors plugin to the point of inoperability.
2) Interface shows prefix (ie. "\C\H\G") but prefix isn't actually included.

#4 2020-05-23 12:17:25

makeijan
Website

Hi,

Ticket_ID are integers. No chance for a text here.
You might create a plugin to add a "secondary ticket ID" you could name whatever way you want, but that will be
Maybe you have the influence of MsSQL solutions were an Alphanumeric Key may be used. This is not possible in MySQL

Regards,

#5 2020-05-23 14:32:47

PhillF

makeijan wrote:

You might create a plugin to add a "secondary ticket ID" you could name whatever way you want, but that will be

I like your idea. I may just tweak around with the behaviors plugin and get it to take what it generates and append the desired prefix and insert that into a new column in each of the tables. Not quite sure what that column should be called, maybe tickets_id_prefixed.

Thoughts?

#6 2020-05-29 21:45:28

Mysterehyde

There is a pluggin that permit to add some personalized fields, maybe it can help you waiting for your own plugin? It's simply "fields" I guess.

but I think you already are in another way ^^

Board footer