You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2005-07-07 23:00:07

dontavo

need help with network printer

I am a bit puzzled, how do i set up the network printer for a particular lab.  for example: a lab [location] has 25 computer connected to a single printer.  Please let me know how to solve the problem.

thanks

roberto

#2 2005-07-08 00:34:16

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: need help with network printer

Connect your printer to a network device  and connect your 25 computers to this network device.

JMD / Jean-Mathieu Doléans - Glpi-project.org - Association Indepnet
Apportez votre pierre au  projet GLPI   : Soutenir

#3 2005-07-09 05:25:35

dontavo

can you please provide more specific instructions.  I think i have tried your suggestion and i run into problems with the ports.

I thank you in advance for your help.  I love your software.

roberto.

#4 2005-07-09 11:59:39

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

A network printer is connected to a switch or a hub and all the computers to  a switch. This is the real connections and you can describe them with GLPI.

If you want that all the computers are connected to the printer, then you must to create 25 ports on the printer and connect them to the computers. But this method does not describe the real network topology.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

Board footer