You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-12-15 11:27:16

BrainSCAN

Incident tracking by e-mail

Hello.

I think that this feature currently doesn't exist in GLPI (if it exists please tell me how can I use it):

Many help desks allow users to send them e-mails to ask for help. Currently GLPI allows to seletc E-mail as the source for an incident ticket, but the e-mail and GLPI are disconnected.

I think that it could be great to create an e-mail address just for GLPI, so everytime it receives an e-mail it answers the user giving him a ticket number in the subject of the e-mail. That e-mail could be automatically converted into a GLPI incident (if it has an attach it can be added to the incident).

Done this the technician can see the incident and, when he answers, GLPI automatically creates an e-mail and sends the answer to the user.

As the e-mail contains the ticket number and comes form the e-mail address of GLPI, if the user answers to the technician e-mail GLPI will add the answer to the currently opened incident.

I hope I have explained my idea as it can be understood. I've seen that it is currently under development a webmail plugin, but I don't know what it's supposed to do.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by BrainSCAN (2006-12-15 11:28:34)

#2 2006-12-15 11:32:27

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: Incident tracking by e-mail

Already in the TODO list : Ticket #13...

JMD / Jean-Mathieu Doléans - Glpi-project.org - Association Indepnet
Apportez votre pierre au  projet GLPI   : Soutenir

#3 2006-12-15 11:58:49

BrainSCAN

Wonderful, I see that I wasn't the first thinking on this :-)

#4 2006-12-21 17:06:53

dagar

When is the next version of GLPI scheduled which will include this feature?
Thanks

#5 2007-07-09 20:21:23

Taras_
Website

JMD wrote:

Already in the TODO list : Ticket #13...

I tried to work with tickets via email. Ticket submission works well, but attachments isn't parsed now as i understand (we are using attachments for sending phone calls (call records) to support team when users submitting tickets in work-off time).

Can i add follow-up to ticket by answering to message sent by glpi while creating ticket? Seems to be very useful.

P.S. GLPI 0.7 (as it was on 09.07.2007)

Thanks for help in advance!

Multiple GLPI instances. Thanks to developers! smile

#6 2007-07-11 16:24:07

yvesdm

I don't know, maybe i do something wrong, but mail to external is not working for me.
I do this.
Create a ticket as a post-only user
login as helpdesk admin user and assign the ticket to an external company
there is a contact linked to that external company, so I suppose this contact should receive an e-mail with the ticket right? He doesn't....

When I assign tickets to local technicians mail is sent without problems

any suggestions?
Yves
GLPI 0.7beta 10/07/07

EDIT: just checked, I can't find anything of the external company mail in the mailserver logs of the glpi machine also.

Last edited by yvesdm (2007-07-11 18:10:51)

Board footer