You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2018-08-09 19:36:55

horinius

"Leave request" form not working with accented characters in name

(I previously posted this bug in "bugs" forum but I was told to post it in "plugin" forum)

Hello,

In the "Leave request" form, I found that if Active Directory user's name contains accented characters, the resultant ticket created at the end will contain no name at all!

As I don't know how to attach images in this post, I'm going to describe the matter in words.

If I have a user whose name is "Test Aaaaa", the ticket will contain the following message:

------------------------
1) User : Test Aaaaa
2) Leave date : 2018-07-24
3) Comments :

However, if the name is "Test Aéééé", the ticket would be like this:

------------------------
1) User :
2) Leave date : 2018-07-24
3) Comments :

This would be a big issue if the requester did not pay attention and I would have to ask him again whom he was talking about.  This is very annoying to end-user/requester.

Please tell me what to do to fix this bug.  Thanks.

NB:
1. GLPI was installed by a coworker of mine but he is super busy.  He just gave me all the admin rights but I know absolutely nothing about GLPI.  So please forgive my newbie questions.

2. The URL to the form is http://helpdesk/plugins/formcreator/front/formdisplay.php?id=4 and I was told it's related to "formcreator"

3. At the bottom of every page, I have this:

GLPI 9.1.2 Copyright (C) 2015-2016 Teclib' and contributors - Copyright (C) 2003-2015 INDEPNET Development Team
FusionInventory 9.1+1.0 - Copyleft © 2010-2016 by FusionInventory Team

So, GLPI version = 9.1.2

But how do I get formcreator version?  I only have web access.

It's on a Linux server (Debian 8) but I don't have the login & password and my colleague is currently in vacations....

Last edited by horinius (2018-08-10 12:03:08)

#2 2018-08-09 20:55:23

btry

Re: "Leave request" form not working with accented characters in name

Hi

Assuming the request is created with Formcreator, you probably have a bug here.  However you must be running a old version of this plugin, because latest versions are no longer compatible with GLPI 9.1.

You can see the versin of Formcreator in GLPI when you browse in the menu Setup > Plugins. The page will display all available plugin with their status and version. Please open an issue on Github (see my signature, it contains a link to the project)

No support with MP - Always run an upgrade task on a testing instance before running it on production! Always backup before any upgrade task!

#3 2018-08-10 12:00:38

horinius

Under the "Setup" menu, I only have
Dropdowns
Components
External links

I suppose I'm stuck.

Nevertheless, I'm going to open an issue on GitHub.

#4 2019-03-01 18:36:01

horinius

Finally we have decided to change to Jira and thus we are not going to spend time to try to install updates.
You could close this thread if you like.

Board footer