You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2007-03-22 11:06:19

Giorgio61

OCS Informations not included in GLPI

I noticed that some useful informations that are managed by OCS-NG are not passed to the GLPI.
For example the total RAM memory (i only see the single memory banks), the used space in the hard  disk partitions ...
can anybody confirm that it is so and there is not way to get those informs inside glpi?
Thanx
Giorgio

#2 2007-03-31 00:03:11

dj
Website

Re: OCS Informations not included in GLPI

There is more - like the BIOS version for example. Of course there are ways to get it into GLPI but it would require code and data model changes.

dj

#3 2007-04-05 14:21:30

Giorgio61

yes but while i think that some informations are probably considered from the majority with lower priority such as for example "how many slots has the motherboard?". If this info is needed we can still go to OGC and get it. I think that an information such as "how many computers have less than 256 Mb RAM?" is essential and now (if i am not wrong) we cannot get is cause the total memory is not an info managed by GLPI.

#4 2007-04-06 23:06:34

dj
Website

Theoretically, you might just add up the memory size of the installed modules in a query without changing the data model. As for the used / free space, I believe it is just not there.

BTW - the BIOS version is pretty interesting if you are planning a BIOS upgrade and would like to know how many machines it would affect and which machines they are exactly.

dj

Board footer