You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2007-01-22 17:56:40

jp10558

Using network connections

I'm not at all clear how the network connections displays work - is there any documentation as to why I would use one of the location -> drop # -> something Drop #, instead of the first? I'm trying to figure out how GLPI actually represents these internally, say for use with the network visulation plugin. I, for instance have this:

PC1 connected by ethernet in GLPI to Switch1. I also have Mac1 connected by ethernet to Switch1. I've created 3 logical ports on Switch1, PC1 to 1, Mac1 to 2, and named port 3 as uplink. Switch1 is unmanaged, so doesn't have an IP. I haven't put in the mac addresses of the ports - do I need to?

Anyway, so far the visulation plugin doesn't do anything - is it a plugin issue or my setup is wrong?

Finally, how do you envision entering this situation:

I have the above plugged into a local switch. The uplink goes to a walldrop (so the switch ports are ports, not drops) which goes to a central switch. How should I enter this information?

Any documentation on the ? pop-ups in GLPI would be useful, as I'm not really sure about a lot of them if I'm doing what I should be.

Also, in the Location dropdowns, if I, say, put in Buliding > Room, there can be an aweful lot of rooms under the bulding selection, making it somewhat of a pain to scroll down to a different building. Do those/can those collapse? Maybe a feature request?

Last edited by jp10558 (2007-01-22 18:00:45)

#2 2007-02-13 15:36:55

jp10558

Re: Using network connections

Bump. Does anyone have any documentation on how the network connections are supposed to work?

Board footer