You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2005-04-18 13:06:07

wtmann
Website

Database and Inventory API

Hi,

I ran across your application today and immediately tried it out. I think it's great! That being said, I was wondering if it would be difficult to make it work with the PostgreSQL database also? That's the database that was chosen by our municipality and I'd have to make your software work with our database to "officially" use it. Although it's been a while since I've developed something in PHP if an API exists I might be able to do a module for Postgres myself. I was also wondering if it's possible, and if so how, to get the inventory information from external programs by way of some sort of API or by importing files or something? That would also be a big help as we already have an inventory program integrated with our financial system and I'd need to get the information from that system.

Again, you have an excellent program and thanks for your attention.

William

#2 2005-04-18 15:57:48

baaz

Re: Database and Inventory API

I was wondering if it would be difficult to make it work with the PostgreSQL database also? That's the database that was chosen by our municipality and I'd have to make your software work with our database to "officially" use it.

Many peoples are interresting on such a feature... we'll speak about that when the 0.5 will be released.

I was also wondering if it's possible, and if so how, to get the inventory information from external programs by way of some sort of API or by importing files or something?

We are have good discutions with peoples of OCSinventory NG, witch would sort a new version near the end of may, we wish have a full working system for the 0.6 version...

In the fact we'll surely publish a DTD witch describes an xml format that can be understood by GLPI integration routines, so if you can give (we"ll have to reflect how ftp, pop, http ...)  a well formated xml file to GLPI it would be good...

Bazile Lebeau

Board footer