You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2015-04-06 16:46:34

madjaric

No automated children generating (for the objects of the same type)

It is posible to generate ticket from the task, or task from the project. There is neither possibility to generate subproject from the project, nor the possibility to generate subtask from the task. Instead, this fether-child relateions are to be set manually.
Why is that so?
Here I repeat general problem in PM with GLPI: no clear WBS structure, neither in generating, nor in presenting. we need:

Project
  Subprojects
    Tasks
      Subtasks
        Tickets

Such a structure has to be generated automatically, when user goes deeper below the root project.

Miro

#2 2015-04-18 14:56:24

KKAdmin

Re: No automated children generating (for the objects of the same type)

Ticket from Task is possible with 0.83.5 and i think also in earlier versions.

You can mark this threat as [resolved] in subject of your threat. (This is only available edit of the first post.) It is good for users who help others to quickly see which post is still open.
##############################################
GLPI 9.3.3

#3 2015-04-18 14:58:23

madjaric

Now I am reading my post, really it is unclear: of course there is as possibility to define that subproject is the child of the father project, but it fas to me done MANUALLY (selecting from dropdown!). For such I need to know some filter of the father project or father task and select it from the drop down. Why do we miss this very common function of building the project WBS? I want simply the same fuunctionality that exists for creating taks from the porjects or tickets from the task! Example: if I click to the button "Tasks" in the project, I get the list and the button on the top "Add a task". When I click to the button "Projects", then I get empty form, I want here one butteon "Add a project"!

Last edited by madjaric (2015-04-18 15:06:20)

Miro

#4 2015-04-19 11:15:58

yllen
GLPI-DEV

You have the possibility to create an object since an other object (task from a project, ticket from a change...)
In the same object you create a new object and select in field "Child of"

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#5 2015-04-19 19:24:42

madjaric

I repeat the essence of my explanation: of course that there is possible to link the subtask to task and subproject to project! But the problem is that it is to be done MANUALLY as you descrived: In the dropdown "Child of"! In this dropdown we can have dozens of objects and one has to now the keywords and then select the right object (project or task). In fact, this is ok, when one creates task/project and then wants to link it to the "father".
But the essence of my problem relates to the natural and most frequent situation: we are in the task/project and we want to create subtask/subproject. In that case we click on Tasks/Projects button on the left and we get the list of subordinated objjects of same class (subtasks/subrojects), or "empty" list if there is no such objects yet. In both cases, we need just the button "Create a task" or "Create a project", as we have "Create a task" button when we click on "Tasks" in the project form!
In that case we will be able to create subtask/subproject directly from "father" object! GLPI designers simply forgot this functionality which is so usual in project management: creating subprojects within the WBS. In addition, it would be fine to have TWO buttons in the case of subproject: "Add a child-subproject" and "Add a brother-subproject". This enables to create WBS without to much jumping back. This would be nice to have, but the first one is more important.

Miro

Board footer