You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2014-02-25 00:50:06

mhouston100

[GLPI 0.84.4] Computer loses licenses during transfer

I didn't even realize there was a bug forum. I'll cross post from the English forum as I believe at this point it is definitely a bug.

Original Post: http://www.glpi-project.org/forum/viewt … p?id=35386

To post the most concise way:

Ah we are really struggling now.  Our software licensing (especially Office) is now non-existent and completely inaccurate.

What we have is:
Software + License installed to the root entity (both with child enabled)
Computer assigned to child entity1 with the software + license installed to it

Expected outcome:
Transfer the computer to child entity2 (selecting "Preserve" for software), the software and license will stay in root entity, computer moves to child entity2 with software and license still attached.

Actual outcome:

Transfer computer to child entity2 (selecting "Preserve" for software), the software stays in the root entity, the computer and license BOTH move to entity2 but lose any connection they have.

Basically, I'm just after an answer as to whether this is a bug or if this is the expected behavior, or even if we are doing something incorrectly.

The previous version we ran which I believe might have been 0.83.4 (maybe) we didn't use entities so we never came across this issue.

Additionally: Even if the license is already in the same entity as the computer, the key gets dropped during the transfer.

Last edited by mhouston100 (2014-02-25 00:50:27)

#2 2014-02-26 10:17:49

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: [GLPI 0.84.4] Computer loses licenses during transfer

I am able to reproduce the trouble.
Will tru to find a solution.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2014-02-26 10:50:05

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#4 2014-02-26 22:42:33

mhouston100

Ah great,  thank you very much for attacking it so quickly.

I've just tested the patch this morning but I'm still experiencing the issue.

For this patch is the 'transfer.class.php' file the only one needed? also is the latest version of GLPI required?

#5 2014-11-03 18:23:55

florian.grosse

Hi,

we have the same issue in our GLPI 0.84.8 environment since we switched to an setup with entities.

When we transfer a Computer to another entity the attached licenses are transfered too but they lost the connection to the computer so we have to assign it again manually.
Furthermore the financial and administrative information of the license gets deleted and that is realy annoying.

It seems that when a license is transfered it is created as a new license and the old entry is deleted because in the history of the license you can only see "Add the item" on the date of the transfer.

You said it should be fixed but can you please take a second look?

Board footer