You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2014-10-28 00:43:00

stenci

Missing software licenses

I installed FusionInventory 0.84+3.2 with GLPI 0.84.6, installed a few agents 2.3.11 on a few test Windows computers and the inventory was generated. Great!

The main reason why I installed FusionInventory is because I hope it will help with the management of software licenses, their expiration dates and monitor their usage.

Then I clicked on Home>Assets>Computers, then on my computer, then on Software Licenses, and there is one license for Microsoft Office and its serial number.

Then I clicked on Home>Assets>Software, then I added all the License fields (name, serial number, inventory number, types, comments, Expiration) to the list of items to show and I got 1500+ rows. I sorted the result by each of the license columns, ascending and descending, but I couldn't find any software license.

Then I ran Belarc Advisor and I got about 30 software licenses, one of them is for Microsoft Office with a different serial number from the one reported by FusionInventory.

Problem #1:
Why the Home>Assets>Software view shows zero licenses while my computer shows one license?

Problem #2:
Why Belarc Advisor was able to find the correct Office license, while FusionInventory found one, but with the wrong serial number? (Perhaps that's an old expired trial license, but I can't tell because it only shows name, serial number, full name and option; no expiration date or other details)

Problem #3:
In the case that the answer to the previous questions is "sorry, FusionInventory can't manage your licenses", can I get the agent to run Belarc Advisor, dig into the result, prepare an XML and send it to the server?

After reading http://www.fusioninventory.org/document … l_content/ I would guess that it is possible, but any pointer would help. Do I need to learn perl?

Thanks,
Stefano

Last edited by stenci (2014-10-28 00:45:01)

#2 2014-10-28 00:46:06

ddurieux
Plugins Dev

Re: Missing software licenses

software licence in Home>Assets>Computers is only the licence serial found on computer, you must create software + licence (in asset > software) and associate to this licence, It's not automatic

#3 2014-10-28 01:15:56

stenci

I'm sorry, I don't understand your answer.

What do I need to create?

What do I need to associate?

#4 2014-10-28 01:55:07

stenci

Would using OCS inventory fix this problem?

Board footer