You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-05-08 13:13:48

YinYang

Log's

Hi I've just notice that the information stored on the database concerning the logs, are done on the string's it self.

For example ifthe site is define to use by default french, it's log information is in french, and yet, when a user has it's language define has english, he still find the log in french.

So I ask why store the string and not, the string reference having in mind the fields used ?

#2 2006-05-11 06:59:35

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: Log's

because there is no real reference to a string. It is true for some things but several strings are generated automatically using the name of the user  or the ID of the element for example.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2006-05-11 17:30:57

YinYang

Re: Log's

I know there's no real reference that's why I was making a suggestion to change that.

The actual implementation prevents true language translation, why not use the same scheme on log events as the one used on computer history.

It's just used action ID, and all text is produced only when HTML is requested.

Wouldn't this be more coherent ?

Board footer