You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-05-03 16:56:27

dgammie

Bug: Software licence lost after synch with OCS-NG

Using GLPI 0.65, running on Apache under Windows XP Professional.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Create a software item in GLPI and set it up to have two licences. The name of this software item must exactly match the name detected by OCS-NG (e.g. "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional"). The current state within GLPI is that there are two free licences and no installations.
2) Find a computer that has "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional" installed (call this computer "FRED"). Ensure that it provides its details to OCS-NG and then use GLPI to synchronise with OCS-NG.
3) Inspect the licence details for "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional" within GLPI - it correctly indicates that there are two licences in total, one is free and the other is associated with the computer named "FRED".
4) Uninstall the "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional" from the computer named "FRED" and ensure it updates its entry within OCS-NG. Then use GLPI to synchronise with OCS-NG.
5) Inspect the licence details for "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Professional" within GLPI. It now indicates that there is only one licence. I think that this is wrong - if I've paid for two licences, I don't suddenly want to lose track of one just because a user has decided to uninstall a piece of software on his/her computer!

Please would you let me know if this is a bug or a deliberate design. If deliberate design, please can you explain why it works like this?

Many thanks and apologies for not posting on bugs board - my French isn't good enough (I can understand quite a bit, but am bad at writing it).

Board footer