You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-11-11 15:20:07

OwenBerg

Email notifications for sons of groups

We are currently setting GLPI up to use in an engineering support area. To represent this area, we have set up a group (MCR) and some sons of that group:

MCR
>>Operational Engineers
>> System Engineers
>> Senior Engineers

The idea behind that was that we could assign the group MCR to tickets and GLPI would email everybody in the child groups of that group to notify of a new ticket.

Having spent most of this morning testing it, I can only get GLPI to send notifications to members of the MCR group and not the children of that group.

Is the only way to achieve what I want to add all of my MCR users to the parent (MCR) group as well as the children groups?

#2 2012-12-18 14:46:48

geoalbi

Re: Email notifications for sons of groups

I know you typically post to get a reply and not a question. Unfortunately I have none of the former.
But question: how did you get GLPI to notify the members of the group. I have a similar setup: a group with 2 users. I tried both assigning manually a ticket to this group and assigning the ticket to the group using a business rule. I could not get the group members notified.
However, if I assign the ticket to a user, it will get the notification, together with the requester.

Tanks,

Board footer