You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-10-25 05:40:54

majiash1

Can we import server information to the database directly?

Whether we can import server information to the glpi database directly instead of manual input?
If we can ,how?
Ocsng needs client agent,so I don‘t use it!
How to sovle the problem?
thanks!

#2 2012-10-25 09:20:32

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: Can we import server information to the database directly?

you can import csv files using the datainjection plugin

#3 2012-10-29 02:30:03

majiash1

wawa wrote:

Thanks!
Then where to download the plugin and how to install it?

#4 2012-10-29 04:17:11

majiash1

majiash1 wrote:
wawa wrote:

Thanks!
Then where to download the plugin and how to install it?

I have installed the plugin.How to import?
what is the content of the csv file?

#5 2012-10-29 10:12:28

preve

majiash1 wrote:

I have installed the plugin.How to import?
what is the content of the csv file?

Step 1: What I've done is first of all looking at what info is needed. SO when I've added my workstations with the plugin, I've looked at the glpi - computer and searched for all the info it needed. Like asset tag, OS, status, and so on. I've wrote down all those things and then compared with what info I've found in the export. We used spiceworks to gather all needed data. So I've selected the needed info (gathered from glpi - computer) in spiceworks and that was the base of my csv file.

Step2: Go to the model management and the create a new model. It will ask for a base and then I've used a simpel CSV file with just the name of the fields I've wanted to use(ex: ASSET|OS|CPU|STATUS|LOCATION|....). Then you will map the fields to the appropriate fields in GLPI.
Because I took GLPI and used already the same naming that GLPI used and putt that as headers in my csv, the mapping was realy easy beceause it recognized the appropriate fields.

step3: Using an exported csv with the same heading as the template that was created at step2 and start the input.

Because I was using that model a bit recently I was thinking of writing a how-to one of these day's. A how-to from what I've seen and expirienced till now. I'm also a noob on this.

EDIT: https://forge.indepnet.net/projects/dat … /En_manual <- will help you. I just saw that there was a manual that could help you.

Last edited by preve (2012-10-29 10:53:28)

Board footer