You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-10-03 12:33:24

preve

GLPI sends mail to itself

Hi all,

Somewhere I did something wrong. When a user creates a ticket using exchange, that ticket is created BUT the user doesn't get any reply on that. No creation mail or what ever. What I do see is that the mailbox created for mailgate to check, that mailbox recieves a mail that normaly the user should get.

If I do the same as a super_admin, then I recieve a mail like it should be.
So somewhere along the line I have changed the way GLPI reacts on self-service users.

Can anyone point me where I did that wrong?
I think I've done that when I wanted to change the way it reacts on update ticket, assigning ticket and so on. Didn't want to bother the requestor with all those mails.

little black out apparently....

#2 2012-10-03 15:00:58

danh
Website

Re: GLPI sends mail to itself

Start with looking back on your notification settings.
The New Ticket notification may be set incorrectly for you.

Thanks,
Dan

#3 2012-10-03 16:02:07

preve

danh wrote:

Hi Danh,

I think I've got something. Just did some testing because I was going crazy.
I've been using entities in the form of countries. So we have users in diffirent countries. Users picked up from the LDAP have a rule to place them in an entitie.
What I've done now to test is place my testuser back in the root entitie en not in his own country-entitie.
Took his ticket and did a Follow up on that ticket. The testuser directly recieved the testmail.
So my problem is that the mails are not send when the user is in a child entitie of the root.
Now I have to find why my testuser doesn't get any mails when he is in his own entitie. FYI.... it's still in dev phase and I use the testuser to act as all normal self service users for a specific child entitie. If I can set this right, I can configure all other entities.
My notification has "child entities" set as YES. I thought that this was correct. Can be wrong eeh smile

#4 2012-10-03 16:09:50

preve

Quick update.
testuser was set also as root -> Self service but wasn't set as default. Just added the user back to the root group and self service profile.
Follow up mail arrived. (I'm testing using follow up, but saw that all kind of mails towards the users did have a problem)

#5 2012-10-03 16:11:03

preve

Quick update.
testuser was set also as root -> Self service but wasn't set as default. Just added the user back to the root group and self service profile.
Follow up mail arrived. (I'm testing using follow up, but saw that all kind of mails towards the users did have a problem)

#6 2012-10-03 16:15:33

preve

QUESTION: Do the users alway's have to be member of the root entitie? Even if I use child entities and remove the users from the root and give them only the child entitie?

#7 2012-10-03 16:17:39

danh
Website

preve wrote:

QUESTION: Do the users alway's have to be member of the root entitie? Even if I use child entities and remove the users from the root and give them only the child entitie?

That's beyond me :-)  I don't use entities.

Thanks,
Dan

#8 2012-10-03 16:29:32

preve

Not realy solved.
I've added the root entity (not entitie.... sad ) to all my users that are in ENTITY ->root -> sub_entity. Don't like this solution so if anyone else could point me to the right direction, I'll be happy.

#9 2012-10-10 15:02:54

preve

danh wrote:

Well after a week I need to say that you where CORRECT.
Don't know why I've changed the child entities to the "NO" flag just for that one notification. I was banging my head against my desk when I saw that I left one on no. Now just to be sure, I mass updated my notifications to the YES flag for "child entities". The notifications are global and not local. DAMN MYSELF!

Again thnx for the tip.

#10 2012-10-10 19:16:52

danh
Website

Good job.

Thanks,
Dan

Board footer