You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-08-31 16:20:45

adrianmarsh

OCS Import rule check

Hi,

Can someone confirm for me that the below Rules object should not allow PCs with a serial of N/A to sync from OCSinventory?

Logical operator: AND

OCSNG server    is    SERV1
    Computer to import : Serial Number    is already present in GLPI    Yes
    Computer to import : Computer's name    is already present in GLPI    Yes
    Computer to import : Serial Number    exists    Yes
    Computer to import : Serial Number    is not    N/A

This is a rule I've been running for a while, and yet today I've found a bunch of duplicate machine names in the inventory brought in by sync, where the Serial # is "N/A".  Checking back in OCS, its also N/A there too (we think its something about 64bit windows and the older v4 OCS agent).

GLPI 0.83.91/CENTOS5 - OCS 1.01/Win2003

#2 2012-08-31 17:06:14

En Pampis
Glpien retraité

Re: OCS Import rule check

Hi,

I won't answer about these rules, because I'm working with a GLPI 0.78.5.
I think that you should first upgrade OCS, both agents and server, which are quite obsolete...

The AUTO_DUPLICATE_LVL parameter in OCS server configuration also helps to avoid duplicate machines, of course if serial numbers are correctly set. OCS allows also to blacklist unsignificant serial numbers such as "To Be Filled By O.E.M." (we have actually them on some machines...)

I hope this helps !

Ancienne config : GLPI et OCS sur serveur virtuel Windows Server 2008 R2
- lot 2 en production (12000 machines) : GLPI 0.78.5 + modifs spécifiques, OCS Server 2.0, agents Windows et Unix 2.0
- lot 3 en dév. : même base logicielle + dév. spécifiques

Board footer