You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-10-04 22:36:15

wakesk8

OCSNG Mode Software Not Updating with synchronization

I am using GLPI with OCSNG Mode and OCS Import plugin to import several OCS inventories.  Everything works well, but have noticed that if a Software version gets updated on a device and reports to OCS Server, this is not updated in GLPI using the standard OCSNG Mode.  I have tried various settings within the OCSNG config but no change.

The only way that works is to manually select PC's in GLPI inventory list and select 'Force Synchronization' option.  How is OCSNG mode 'Synchronize computers already imported' and 'Force Synchronization' different?  Is there a setting I can change to get the software changes imported correctly?  If not, how can I setup a automated job to force synchronization on a scheduled interval?

Versions used:
GLPI:  0.80.2
OCS Server:  2.0
OCS Import Plugin:  1.5.0

Thanks,

Last edited by wakesk8 (2011-10-04 22:36:44)

#2 2011-10-05 07:50:26

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: OCSNG Mode Software Not Updating with synchronization

hello
in glpi's ocsng mode configuration, put "use OCS dictionnary" to no and force synchronization again

#3 2011-10-05 14:06:21

wakesk8

Does not update the Version on GLPI on the next synchronise.  Have to Force Synchronization to get new Software package version to display.  Here's the process I'm using:

-  On Windows Workstation running OCS Agent 2.0
-  Software Version displaying as 1.0.0 on OCS and GLPI
-  Perform Software update on Workstation to 2.0.0
-  Force OCS Agent Inventory
-  Software Version now shows on OCS Server as 2.0.0
-  Within GLPI select OCSNG, Synchronize computers already imported
-  Windows Workstation appears in list
-  Synchronize
-  Software Version still listed as 1.0.0

If I select Workstation and perform a manual Force Synchronization
Software Version appears as 2.0.0

Using the Following OCSNG Import Options:
Software:  Unit Import
Use the OCSNG Software dictionary:  No

How is the Force Synchronization performing a complete synchronization where the OCSNG Import is not?

#4 2012-08-28 23:32:01

wakesk8

Still having this problem where OCS Inventory Agent plugins when deployed are not showing up using the OCSNG import.  Only way is if I select all PC's and do a 'force synchronization'.  Any way to get this automated?

Thanks,

#5 2012-08-29 11:58:21

En Pampis
Glpien retraité

Hi,

It's a bug on the OCS Windows agent, this issue has been submitted by several users on the OCS forum:
http://forums.ocsinventory-ng.org/viewt … p?id=11209 (in French)
http://forums.ocsinventory-ng.org/viewt … p?id=11313 (in French)
http://forums.ocsinventory-ng.org/viewt … p?id=11414 (in French)
http://forums.ocsinventory-ng.org/viewt … p?id=11124

The OCS team explained me what happens: when software modifications are detected by Windows Agent plugins, the software flag in the checksum is not updated, and thus GLPI doesn't update softwares !
If you do a 'force synchronization', GLPI updates the computer without testing the checksum.

I found a workaround, which is to modify GLPI so that it does not test the checksum for softwares :
l.1612 in ocsserver.class.php (GLPI 0.78.5)
               #if ($mixed_checksum & pow(2, self::SOFTWARES_FL)) {
                  // Get import software
                  $import_software = importArrayFromDB($line["import_software"]);
                  OcsServer::updateSoftware($line['computers_id'], '1',
                                            $line['ocsid'], $ocsservers_id, $cfg_ocs, $import_software,
                                            (!$loghistory["history"]?0:$dohistory));
               #}

It works, but I didn't modify yet on our production server because I'm not sure whether it will significantly increase the duration of synchronization.

Ancienne config : GLPI et OCS sur serveur virtuel Windows Server 2008 R2
- lot 2 en production (12000 machines) : GLPI 0.78.5 + modifs spécifiques, OCS Server 2.0, agents Windows et Unix 2.0
- lot 3 en dév. : même base logicielle + dév. spécifiques

Board footer