You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-07-31 11:28:30

forolinux

What is 'default user entity' for?

I have created several entities but and I can use them to add a empowerment to a user, but they don't appear on the dropdown list 'Default entity' on the user authorizations tab. WHy?
Are them different entites sets? If so, what is 'default user entity' for?

#2 2012-07-31 12:03:45

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: What is 'default user entity' for?

#3 2012-07-31 12:24:21

forolinux

Re: What is 'default user entity' for?

I apologize for providing little info on this thread, but I forgot it.
I'm using GLPI 0.83.4, and I recently opened some threads trying to know how can I configure GLPI to fit my organization requirements.
After posting this thread I keep on trying different configs, so I not just waiting for a magical solution. I just realized that the "Default entitiy" option on the user authorizations tab show a sub set of the entities that I have already created, but I don't know what it depends on.
If I create a new user, the default entity dropdown list is empty, but I have some already created users on which I can assign a Default entity from a sub-set of my entities, and on some other users I can choose from all of the entities.
I'm reading as much doc as I can, but I can't do it in French and the English documentation seems to be outdated.
Is there any recent and more or less complete documentation about entities, groups, roles, users, etc available to help me with this?
I'm so frustrated because I have to deploy a helpdesk tool in few weeks. I have been testing Request Tracking and GLPI and I like GLPI the more, but cant find enough doc to configure it to fit my needs.
I apologize again and thanks in advance for your help.

Board footer