You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-07-30 09:38:39

forolinux

How to configure GLPI to fit my company requirements.

Hi all:
   I'm using GLPI 0.83.4 and I want to configure GLPI to  but and don't know how.
My company diagram is that:
Main
    * Bulding
        = Bulding manager
          - Architects
            · Plumbers
            · Electricians
    * Computers
        = Computers manager
          - Development
             · developers
             · technicians
          - System Adm.
            ·  sysadmins
            ·  technicians
    * Other
          · users

The requeriments are as follows:
- Everybody can post a ticketentidad
- architects, electricians, plumbers, developers, sysadmins and technicians can solve tickets assigned to them.
- architects can manage and re-assign tickets to plumbers and electricians.
- managers can watch and follow the tickets on the brach on which they're located.
- sysadmins can manage all the tickets.
- I don't want users having to change the entity to follow their tickets.
- new tickets are always assigned to a group of technicians (electricians, plumbers, developers, sysadmins or others)

I've tried several configurations to match all the requeriments, but I can't achieve it. I don't want the users having to change the entity to create or follow their tickets.

Is that possible? Can you help me with the profiles and the entities for each actor?

Thank you all in advance.

#2 2012-07-31 08:22:10

tomolimo

Re: How to configure GLPI to fit my company requirements.

Hello,
You have two solutions:
1) by implementing entities (this one is the best to manage rights)
2) by implementing groups (this one is more flexible)
You can also implement a mix of both, to mange rights where needed, and get flexibility where needed:)!
regards,
Tomolimo

GLPI 9.2.4 - PHP 7.2.13 x64 / ProcessMaker 3.3.0-community-RE-1.7 - PHP 7.1.24 x64 / Windows 2012 x64 / IIS 8.5 / MySQL 5.7.17 x64
Worldwide: >12316 PC, >9400 users (16 languages, >11 timezones), >360k tickets, >3600 entities, >4200 groups
Raynet is ARaymond (http://www.araymond.com) IT service management

#3 2012-07-31 10:26:49

forolinux

Re: How to configure GLPI to fit my company requirements.

Yes, but I'm facing the following problem:
I have configured some supervisors and each of them manage some actives (people, material, etc)
I want them to be able to assign tickets to people they manage, but not to others.
I also want them to manage the tickets auto assigned to the groups they own by rules, but I don't want the users to have to change the entity to create the new ticket.
Is that possible? How?

Ex. The architects should have permissions to assign plumbers and electricians, but not developers. If I assign to the architect the role admin under the entity Building then if a normal user add an ticket to the root entity the architect will not watch it and my users aren't smart enough to change the entity each time they open a new ticket.

Last edited by forolinux (2012-07-31 10:52:18)

Board footer