You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-07-17 18:36:07

entr04y

Tickets and Entities

We have a NOC that manages equipment and users from several different external businesses, all set up in their own entity.  We are trying to set up the ticket workflow so that we can easily create tickets against the equipment and users that we manage.  We are running GLPI 0.83.2.

All of our technicians are in the root entity with recursive rights down through all sub entities.  The problem we are running into is creating new tickets against equipment in a sub entity that we manage.  When the technician opens the ticket the requester is often themselves (Root Entity) against a piece of equipment in a sub entity.  The ticket defaults to Root Entity, and none of the equipment that is in any sub entity is visible to the technician.    The technician has to then click on the entity link, switch to the sub entity, then create the ticket.  Then remember that they are in the sub entity and switch back to root to be able to see the rest of their work.  Then switch to a new entity the next time a problem occurs on a piece of equipment in a different entity.  This creates quite a bit of extra work and confusion when the technicians aren't seeing what they expect to see.

I realize that I can create a dummy user in each entity to allow the technician to switch the ticket context to the right entity, but that precludes setting the requester to the actual person requesting the change if they aren't in that entity.  I tried creating a dummy group, but the groups aren't visible as requestors outside of the context the ticket is in.

How do the rest of you deal with this?  I would have thought that recursive rights from root on down should allow the technician to see all objects in the system.

Ultimately, I'd like to see a drop down item on the new ticket screen that allows me to select the entity to create the ticket in.

#2 2012-07-27 22:24:59

scharpf

Re: Tickets and Entities

I'd like to know what is this on glpi forum... 

Mediator...   What about blocking this user

Last edited by scharpf (2012-07-27 23:30:38)

GLPI 0.90.1 / OCS Inventory 2.1.2 / OCS AGENTS  v2.1.1.1/ 1500 hosts
Debian Squeeze, Apache/2.2.16, PHP 5.4.45-1~dotdeb+6.1, MySQL 5.1.73

Board footer