You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-07-10 19:47:36

ikukharchuk

Weird behavior of email receiver with Office 365's Outlook

Hello, recently i've stumbled upon a pretty strange problem.
Yesterday i've installed a fresh GLPI (0.80.3, i'm forced to use it since i rely on a custom-tailored barcode plugin, and my php knowledge is not enough to port it to 0.83) in an organization.
After cataloging all their software and hardware, i decided to go forth and make a glpi-based helpdesk interface. In this organization, they use Microsoft Office 365, hence mail server is cloud-based "Exchange online". After spending an hour or so configuring exchange and making glpi play with it, i've finally got it to connect and fetch emails from the server.

Since helpdesk.receiver was set to false, i've been expecting to find a few test messages in the refused list, but it was empty. Tickets list was empty too - like GLPI fetched emails and thrown them away.
I've made several more attempts, but all to no avail. Yet i've found a strange thing: i've set glpi to fetch mail from /helpdesk folder in the mailbox, and if i take some read message from, say, /Sent, or /Incoming, and move it into /helpdesk, it will be processed by GLPI correctly, according to the value of helpdesk.receiver.
I've never experienced any problems with mail receiver of GLPI so i cant' even think of where to start investigating this problem sad Besides, i do not have access to the mail server's logs (cloud technologies, eh), and cannot peek into the transmission, because it's encrypted (i know, i can use some mail proxy like perdition, but honestly i'm not wiliing to mess with it without a good reason).

So, any advice on where to start?

#2 2012-07-10 21:31:27

danh
Website

Re: Weird behavior of email receiver with Office 365's Outlook

i've set glpi to fetch mail from /helpdesk folder in the mailbox, and if i take some read message from, say, /Sent, or /Incoming, and move it into /helpdesk, it will be processed by GLPI correctly, according to the value of helpdesk.receiver.

To me, it sounds like it is working how you have it setup.  If mail is in the folder Helpdesk, then GLPI grabs it.

If you are looking for your 'missing' emails - have you check the GLPI logs or receiver history?

Thanks,
Dan

#3 2012-07-10 22:17:01

ikukharchuk

Re: Weird behavior of email receiver with Office 365's Outlook

danh wrote:

To me, it sounds like it is working how you have it setup.  If mail is in the folder Helpdesk, then GLPI grabs it.

That's the point - GLPI grabs it, if i put it in there by hand, but if the message is getting in this folder after Outlook applied it's filters, it's being silently removed.

danh wrote:

If you are looking for your 'missing' emails - have you check the GLPI logs or receiver history?

In glpi logs (debug mode on) there are only a couple of php warnings, nothing of interest. And in the receiver history are only changes of settings.

A little update: i've backed up INBOX, and tried setting up GLPI to fetch mail from it, and it worked like it should: messages got into not imported emails because of invalid sender.

So it seems that in my configuration (glpi 0.80.3, php 5.4.4, Exchange Online) i'm not able to correctly receive messages from IMAP folders.

Board footer