You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2012-05-30 12:29:34

linch

AD auth works, but cannot import new LDAP users.

Hi All,

I know many have complained about not working LDAPs and so on... but my issue is a bit different.

My LDAP(AD) authentication works fine for the users already imported...

The Mass processing works for the sync/del parts:

Processing LDAP Server: sf.vayant.com, ID : 1
Imported : 0
Synchronized : 56
Deleted from LDAP : 9

But I cannot import new users... I see the list of the new ones (in the GUI) and the import is claimed as "successful"...but that's it.

The new users do not appear in the list, nor in the "glpi_users" table... No errors in the logs nor in the "Debug" mode..

A new search for "new users" shows the same names - ready for import.

Here is a summary of the system:

Operating system : Linux boeing.sf.vayant.com 2.6.18-238.el5 #1 SMP Thu Jan 13 15:51:15 EST 2011 x86_64
PHP 5.3.3 (Core, PDO, Phar, Reflection, SPL, SimpleXML, apache2handler, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, date, dom, ereg, exif,
    fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, hash, iconv, imap, json, ldap, libxml, mbstring, memcache, mysql, mysqli, openssl,
    pcre, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, session, shmop, snmp, sockets, standard, tokenizer, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlwriter, xsl, zip,
    zlib)
Setup: memory_limit="256M" max_execution_time="180" safe_mode="" session.save_handler="files" post_max_size="8M"
    upload_max_filesize="2M"
Software: Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) (Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at glpi.sf.vayant.com Port 443)
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
MySQL: 5.0.77 (glpi@localhost/glpi)

../config : OK
../files : OK
../files/_dumps : OK
../files/_sessions : OK
../files/_cron : OK
../files/_cache/ : OK
../files/_graphs : OK
../files/_log : OK

The LDAP import was initially working (as you may guess), then the GLPI/OCS installation was migrated to another server and the GLPI waas recently upgraded to 0.83.1...
We were using only the inventory part of the system and we didn't need the accounts to by in sync, but now we will start using the ticketing part and the LDAP import issue just popped up...

I would appreciate it if you give me a hint about where to look into...

Linch

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man" ~ Elbert Hubbard

#2 2012-05-30 14:03:14

yllen
GLPI-DEV

Re: AD auth works, but cannot import new LDAP users.

In user's list, you only see users with rights.
Have you define a default profil in GLPI ?

CentOS 6.5 - CentOS 7.x
PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.x - MySQL 5.6  - MariaDB 10.2 + APC + oOPcache
GLPI from 0.72 to dev version
Certifiée ITIL (ITV2F, ITILF, ITILOSA)

#3 2012-05-30 15:33:50

linch

yes, the "post-only" is the default one...

but as I said - the users do not appear in the DB (glpi_users table)

Linch

"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man" ~ Elbert Hubbard

#4 2012-05-30 16:31:03

linch

I debugged the "ldap_mass_sync.php" all is correct (as far as I can say) to the point of calling the "AuthLdap::ldapImportUserByServerId" class.

$result = AuthLdap::ldapImportUserByServerId(array('method' => AuthLDAP::IDENTIFIER_LOGIN,
                                                               'value'  => $user["user"]),
                                                         $action_to_do,
                                                         $options['ldapservers_id']);

Each call has the correct parameters sent, but returns Null for each user import attempt.

Does it help for narrowing down?

Linch

#5 2012-05-31 11:23:02

linch

Well, the issue was fixed with a new (empty) DB (new install)... so it looks like the upgrade didn't pass that well.

Anyway, I am going to manually transfer the old stuff to the brand new GLPI installation.

Linch

#6 2012-06-11 11:08:12

PMo

I had the same problem, I checked that the default profile was set (it wasn't) and I removed the email link as the glpi_users table no longer holds the email addresses.
Now it seems to work ok.
Thank you.

GLPI  0.83 > PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.15 > Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) > MySQL: 5.1.63

Board footer