You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-10-10 11:36:42

sgeorge

Can't add a user when no default profile defined

I'm currently using 0.78.5  on my prod server but this issue is also occurring on 0.80  branch which I use on the test system.

My config is as follows
- some users authorize against AD and the others against internal DB.
- for those who use AD profiles are assigned dynamically based on the Rules engine.
- for those who use internal DB profiles are assigned manually.
- I have a tree of entities like the following
-Root
---L1
------L1_2
------L1_3
------L1_4
- no default profiles defined

I set up the Rules to dynamically assign the super-admin profile at Root entity with the recursive option.
This settings work as I can see Root entity    super-admin (D, R) in the user list for my user.

When I'm at Root level I am able to add a user. But when I switch to any level below the Root (L1_1 for example) I get You don't have permission to perform this action.

I investigated this problem a little and noticed that everything starts work fine when I enable Default profile option. Even when the default profile is post-only.

#2 2011-11-08 11:31:39

lorenz

Re: Can't add a user when no default profile defined

Same problem here! (0.80.5)

#3 2011-11-08 11:39:23

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

This is an expected behavior.

Without default profile, when you add a user, it will have no right, so will be only visible in the root entity.

So, when you are on a sub entity, you cannot add a user, because you will not able to see it.

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#4 2011-11-18 23:18:30

guimex

Hi,
I have the same problem. What is this Default profile option ? I am new...
Thank you

Board footer