You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-09-20 10:52:12

sgghet

Too many mails during ticket creation

When GLPI creates a new ticket based upon a email, first it creates the ticket, then it adds the user (creator) to the ticket and maybe another person who was in the cc of the mail. For each of these automatic changes, the creator of the ticket gets an emails. So there may be happen, that a user, who creates a ticket through email, gets 2-3 emails only for the creation of the ticket. And then he gets some more emails during the update of the ticket while adding responsible persons, categories etc.

Here is a history of a ticket, that just has been created. For each of these actions, the creator gets an emails:
13870    20-09-2011 08:48    cron_mailgate        add the item
13869    20-09-2011 08:48    cron_mailgate    User    add link with an item : "Mariacher Melanie"
13868    20-09-2011 08:48    cron_mailgate    User    add link with an item : "Siegenthaler Annelise"

How can I avoid this in the settings of GLPI?

Kind regards,
Thomas

#2 2011-09-22 14:48:59

adrianmarsh

Re: Too many mails during ticket creation

I did a check of this on my 0.80.2 system... and I don't see this at all. I just get one email per person.
I do get emails on every subsequent update, but not at creation.

in the history of the ticket I would expect to see the links as your log shows, but, I'd only expect one email to each user, provided the "changes" were all done in one Update to the ticket.

in my test I emailed in a new ticket, ccing a few test accounts.  Each email user only got one copy of the ticket notice.

My first bet would be to look at how you have the notification alerts setup. Also, are any of the email addresses Group email aliases.. or all unique users.

GLPI 0.83.91/CENTOS5 - OCS 1.01/Win2003

Board footer