You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-08-12 17:01:04

armandocontreras

Transfering inventory

Greettings.

I would like to know what really is or how do you use transfer 'cause I thought it was created for moving an inventory Item from one entity to another, but I select an Item (Root entity) and click accept and the only Entity I get, at the place where you select all you want to tranfer is the same Root entity, no the others I created.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by armandocontreras (2011-08-12 17:08:55)

#2 2011-08-12 20:29:02

armandocontreras

Re: Transfering inventory

I've found useful things here, a lot actually, but when you ask something, the most of people doesn't help. Maybe they assume those things are obvious or my bad english is paying the bill, so you talk of growing (Make a great community) and actually almost everybody ignores you....

I answered the above question myself and had to guess, 'cause the online help is short and some times ambiguous.

For those who are searching, the only thing you have to do to transfer is follow the procedure explained in the online help.

"How to make a transfer:
You must have a profile which has the right to make transfers (Administration/Profiles/part Administration)
it's necessary to configure the actions made by the transfer (Administration/Transference)
the profile which is going to make the transfer has to have a visibility on the old entity and on the new entity (a recursive profile since the entity root it's the simplest)
You position on the entity root
when on the list of machines, select those which do you want to transfer
choose Tranfer and Post
in Transfer Mode, you will see the list of the configurations of transfers created at the point 2
select the entity in which will be transferred the material
click to Transfer
verify in the new entity that the material is there
Be careful : place and group will be adapted for the new entity"

http://www.glpi-project.org/wiki/doku.p … nistration

The Entity you select is that on the menu.

enyselect.jpg

I hope it's usefull for those who are newvies.

Thanks.

Board footer