You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-02-24 13:36:05

Hotzul

Concept of Licensing with GLPI

Hello,
sorry for the following, perhaps stupid question:

where can i find a documentation for the concept of Licensemanaging with GLPI.
I found contracts, documents, software, licenses, assining a license to a computer, but i don't know how to combine all components to get an functionally Licensemanagement.

with kind reguards

Thorsten Bauer
Germany
Wiesbaden

#2 2010-03-02 09:26:54

Hotzul

Re: Concept of Licensing with GLPI

Hello GLPI - World

In the last versions many things changed in the licensing concept.

Please, some of the persons who programmed this changes could be so kind to tell the basic concept.

for example if i've got one license for a special Program i can add it to a dedicate computer.

this concept ist quite clear, but if i've got multiple Licenses ( upto 5.000 peaces) i don't want to add every single license. so how do i add multiple Licenses to dedicated computers.
i know i can add a License with "Number" 30 to the Software, but how to add the Computers to this License?

how do i share Licenses between different entities?

I know at the moment the programming team is concentrating on ticketing system, but licensing is a big part in my Organisation.

Please help me.

With kind regards

Thorsten Bauer
Wiesbaden
Germany

#3 2010-03-02 09:46:32

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

> i know i can add a License with "Number" 30 to the Software, but how to add the Computers to this License?

You can't.

> how do i share Licenses between different entities?
Setting license as recursive (child entity attribute)

+

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#4 2010-03-02 10:12:44

Hotzul

High performance Service
Thanks smile

remi wrote:

> i know i can add a License with "Number" 30 to the Software, but how to add the Computers to this License?

You can't.

That is a pity. at the moment i've got aproximativ 6500 in my GLPI to manage as a project / test.

Perhaps that woult be a point to change.
to add thousands ( in my Organisation i've got up to 5.000 Licenses of one softwareitem) single Licenses is not a good point to convince the management to use GLPI at least in the Organisation.

remi wrote:

>
> how do i share Licenses between different entities?
Setting license as recursive (child entity attribute)

so it has to add in the root as recursive ... ok ... that is difficult, because it is a mix of shared Licenses and not shared licenses in each entitie. and the license - adminstrators are based in their own enteties.

It woult be nice to add a basic howto in the wiki für each function.

with kind regards
Thorsten Bauer
Wiesbaden
Germany

#5 2010-05-20 11:28:37

lee140685
Website

Hello

I'm creating recursive entity and i create a license with 180 number. i'm adding license in parent entity and choose child entities: yes but when i want to append computer (using parent entities view) from child entities to its license all computer from child entities not shown.  when i want to append computer (using child entities view) from child entities to its license, all computer from child entities shown cannot append computer to it's license.
maybe someone experiencing the sama problem and know the solution, Thanks
Sorry for my bad english.

#6 2011-05-09 15:08:31

Purdy

deleted...

Last edited by Purdy (2011-05-09 15:08:57)

Board footer