You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-04-20 09:22:27

jmoreno

How to reset the password for local admin

Hi Guys,

I have GLPI version 0.78.2 with Active Directory external authentication. and I'm using my Windows username & password to connect to MS AD/LDAP.

Unfortunately, our main office implemented a new windows password policy, I was forced to changed my password. Now, when I try to logon to our GLPI, I received below error message:

Unable to connect to the LDAP directory

I tried to logon using the username & password for root, but received below message:

Please help.

Last edited by jmoreno (2011-04-20 09:30:32)

#2 2011-04-20 10:39:37

sgeorge

Re: How to reset the password for local admin

1. Don't you forget to change the password for the rootDN in GLPI? May be it has expired.
That could be the reason of the message 'Unable to connect to the LDAP directory'

2. Are you sure you don't use stored passwords in your browser or another kind of automatic filling out the username and password fields?
I have never had any problem with my 078.3 and changing the password in AD.

3. I'd recommend also to check privileges assignment rules (if any). You may be entering correct login & password but due to the rules you get no rights in GLPI.

#3 2011-04-20 11:02:00

jmoreno

Re: How to reset the password for local admin

Hi sgeorge,

1. Don't you forget to change the password for the rootDN in GLPI? May be it has expired.
That could be the reason of the message 'Unable to connect to the LDAP directory'

Related to Item 1, I'm using my Windows username & password to connect to MS AD/LDAP for rootDN in GLPI as far as I know. smile and since I am forced to changed my password, the settings in the rootDN in GLPI's username and password not yet changed.

Board footer