You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-04-08 15:50:39

How to enter a software update

Hey together,

I have an update of a software. I took the following way to enter it:
- New Software
- Fill in the Field "Update of" (exactly: Clicked the updated software out of the drop down list)
- Put in other needed information

Now I have the software with this name two times in the inventory, and it seems that I have two licences - but there is only one!

How is the correct way to enter a update to GLPI?

Thanks a lot, Patrick

Patrick/Blackwood-Forest/DE
GLPI 0.70.1

#2 2011-04-08 17:42:46

Bobtary

Re: How to enter a software update

Hi,

according to the documentation, no treatement is done when you tag a software  as
an update :  [providing you have the right to install the update with the initial license]
it would be great, at least, if the licence of the initial software moved to the update, but it's not the case.

For each software, you need to have at  least one license and one license can't be used for more than 1 software.

So,  a solution for management of the licenses could be to create just one software with
the original version + the update and declare your license here :  after, with the license you adjust the field version used with the "update", the buyed version don't change.

#3 2011-04-11 09:06:52

To use some words of Mick Jagger: Thank you Bob ;-)

We have requirements in software inventory from official side, so we need to discuss wether it is a good idea to use glpi with a workaround or look for sth else that will fit better. The bad thing is, that glpi works well for all the other demands... :-/ So, using two systems is also no good idea...

Thanks, Patrick

GLPI 0.70.1

#4 2011-04-11 13:50:23

Bobtary

Hi,
I am in the same context...
The discussion in my post suppose to be in the version 0.78 (i see yours is in 0.71) =>
lots of improvements especially for managing softwares, better : try the  0.80 version.

#5 2011-04-11 14:02:05

Good advice, I'll talk to our main GLPI Admin in things of this update...

Thanks, Patrick

GLPI 0.70.1

Board footer