You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-11-18 19:31:51

emoore

Auto notification/elevation of aging tickets

Still evaluating GLPI, but so far, love it!

Here's a feature I'm not sure if it can do:

As low-priority tasks often get put off by technicians because they are low priority, they may often sit unresolved for days, weeks, or even months.  This can result in very unhappy end-users.

Is there a way to have the system automatically send reminders to the assigned technician, say every 7 days that a ticket has been opened?  Not just a master list of ALL open tickets, but each day an automatic report is run with a list of tickets that have not received some type of action in the last 7 days.  Email could read: "The following tickets have not received any activity in the last 7 days...please be sure to keep in communication with requester as to the status of their request".  So, for instance, if the ticket was opened on Dec. 1, then on Dec. 8 a reminder email is sent to the assigned tech.  Another reminder would be sent on Dec. 15, Dec. 22, etc.

Along with this, could there be an option to automatically escalate the priority of a ticket, say every so many days or weeks.  So for instance, if a low priority ticket is opened on Dec. 1, on Dec. 8 it automatically changes to Medium priority.  On Dec. 15 it automatically changes to High priority, etc.  This would help keep those lower priority/less urgent tasks from "stagnating" and being ignored, and end-users thinking IT is unresponsive.

Thanks for any suggestions!

GLPI 0.78

Last edited by emoore (2010-11-18 21:09:50)

#2 2010-11-19 00:14:21

sean.tapscott

Re: Auto notification/elevation of aging tickets

This feature isn't available, but sounds like it could be done by a plugin.  Plugin documentation in english is ancient though.

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

#3 2010-11-19 00:52:11

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

The plugin  notification seems to do that.

The next version of GLPI would also apply ITIL recommandations and use SLA  withs escalade for tickets. That would be a bettre practice in my opinion.

JMD / Jean-Mathieu Doléans - Glpi-project.org - Association Indepnet
Apportez votre pierre au  projet GLPI   : Soutenir

#4 2011-02-02 12:20:09

hejtmi

Hi, I have the same wish/problem and I can't find the proposed plugin. Can you help, please?

#5 2011-04-04 17:57:55

javerleo

Please tell us where is the "plugin notification"

Board footer