You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2011-03-24 13:14:32

adrianmarsh

Profiles vs Approvals

Hi All,

I'm still trying to figure out the approvals process. I now understand that if I tick the 'Validate a ticket' right in the GLPI profile, then that user can then validate a ticket...

However, it seems that they have to switch to that profile in the GUI to be able to authorise the ticket.  Otherwise they get an access denied message.

in my setup I have :

normal:  Profile for normal users who just raise tickets
TeamManager:   Someone who traditionally used to approve tickets by adding a followup. They can also see equipment lists, open tickets etc.

I also have a need for a few "normal" users, who I would like to be able to send approve links too for specific Categories of ticket (eg Subversion signoff)

I'm thinking of changing to the below design, but would like anyones comments to see if theres a better way.

I have to get to having just one profile for each user, as users don''t understand they have to change profiles for different things.

So I was thinking of setting the rights as:

normal: as above
TeamManager:  Normal + As above
Subversion:  normal + The ability to validate tickets
TeamManager+Subversion:  The two profiles above combined.

Then if someone needs SVN signoff I make their one and only profile "Subversion", remove them from Normal
If its a manager, then I put them into TeamManager
If its a manager who also has subversion authority then I'd put them in TM+Subversion.

But this starts to get messy if I need something more in the future.

It would be nice if GLPI combined all the profile rights together per user.

Any ideas ?

Last edited by adrianmarsh (2011-03-24 15:59:39)

GLPI 0.83.91/CENTOS5 - OCS 1.01/Win2003

#2 2011-03-28 14:25:20

adrianmarsh

Re: Profiles vs Approvals

Gahhh!!

I can't folow that idea through.  The "normal" profile always gets applied as its a Dynamic one.

Anyone have any ideas for this ?

#3 2011-04-01 18:10:36

adrianmarsh

Re: Profiles vs Approvals

Hi Thomas,

Could you be more precise?  I've tried looking at the wiki and I'm not sure where you mean

Board footer