You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-06-20 05:35:09

carias
Website

Software information for recovering my superadmin user in GLPI

I will give my software versions for recovering superadmin user in GLPI.

OS Ubuntu 8.04, GLPI 0.72.4, PHP 5.2.4, Apache 2.2.8, mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a.

I need the procedure step by step to change o reset GLPI password and recover superadmin user.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carlos Arias

Carlos Arias

#2 2010-06-20 12:47:04

dmartine1

Re: Software information for recovering my superadmin user in GLPI

Your question is not very clear.

Did you lose your glpi user and can no longer login in as super admin?
Are you trying to define a backup procedure to recover a lost user?

Are you trying to hack a glpi database to which you do not have access?

If you are the admin of this glpi installation AND have access to the MySql database with other tools (Ex phpmyadmin or mysql ) then the easiest would be to add a line to glpi_users_profiles.  THis table contains links between users (glpi_users) and their associated profiles (glpi_profiles)

It is a very simple table made of 6 fields of which only three are very meaningful.
1) identify your super-admin profile ID
SELECT P.ID FROM glpi_profiles As P
WHERE P.name = 'super-admin'

2) identify a user for which you know the password in glpi
SELECT U.ID, U.name FROM glpi_users
WHERE U.name = 'your_user_name'

3) grant yourself the super-admin profile
NOTE: this assumes that you have only the root entity as it is set to 0
          User ID found in 2 for your_user_name  is 5
          Profile ID found in 1 for surper-admin is 4
INSERT INTO glpi_users_profiles (FK_users,FK_profiles,FK_entities,recursive,dynamic)
VALUES (5,4,0,1,0)

4) log in with the your_user_name account and you should now have a drop down list in the main toolbar to chose your current profile and set it to super-admin.

5) recreate a new super-admin user with local authentification.

NOTE: I do not think that glpi user can be hardcoded to have super-admin grants anywhere in the application akthough I can not confirm.

I assume that any user granted super-admin profile will behave as glpi user. If this is not the case and anyone is aware of that, then please come forward and let us know.

Prod: GLPI 9.1.5 + OCS 2.3 + FI 9.1.1.1 (14000 postes, 1700 commutateurs, 24000 utilisateurs AD, 7 sites)
Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop/ VMWare / Applicatifs / Sgbd / PDF / ocsinventory-ng / data injection / room

#3 2010-06-24 23:07:29

carias
Website

No I don't want to hack anything, this is what happened to me:

After installation I changed "admin" user by "carias" user. Then I created a post only user named "carias1" just for testing help desk module. I accidentally let "carias" as post only user. Now I try to enter as carias and can not do anything related to admin tasks. I already have 446 PC on GLPI. I don want to lost all this information. How can I recover "superadmin" user?

Thanks in advance

Carlos Arias

dmartine1 wrote:

Your question is not very clear.

Did you lose your glpi user and can no longer login in as super admin?
Are you trying to define a backup procedure to recover a lost user?

Are you trying to hack a glpi database to which you do not have access?

If you are the admin of this glpi installation AND have access to the MySql database with other tools (Ex phpmyadmin or mysql ) then the easiest would be to add a line to glpi_users_profiles.  THis table contains links between users (glpi_users) and their associated profiles (glpi_profiles)

It is a very simple table made of 6 fields of which only three are very meaningful.
1) identify your super-admin profile ID
SELECT P.ID FROM glpi_profiles As P
WHERE P.name = 'super-admin'

2) identify a user for which you know the password in glpi
SELECT U.ID, U.name FROM glpi_users
WHERE U.name = 'your_user_name'

3) grant yourself the super-admin profile
NOTE: this assumes that you have only the root entity as it is set to 0
          User ID found in 2 for your_user_name  is 5
          Profile ID found in 1 for surper-admin is 4
INSERT INTO glpi_users_profiles (FK_users,FK_profiles,FK_entities,recursive,dynamic)
VALUES (5,4,0,1,0)

4) log in with the your_user_name account and you should now have a drop down list in the main toolbar to chose your current profile and set it to super-admin.

5) recreate a new super-admin user with local authentification.

NOTE: I do not think that glpi user can be hardcoded to have super-admin grants anywhere in the application akthough I can not confirm.

I assume that any user granted super-admin profile will behave as glpi user. If this is not the case and anyone is aware of that, then please come forward and let us know.

Last edited by carias (2010-06-24 23:09:33)

Carlos Arias

#4 2011-01-05 22:21:35

slinx

Carlos, did you try this method? I had a similar problem and this method allowed me to grant myself super-admin privileges.

Board footer