You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-11-08 19:01:36

mariuszp

GLPI + Active Directory Integration

I'm having a big problem with this.
Please note that I'm trying to get people authenticated against big AD tree and each time I try I get "Test Failed"
I tried to go through http://www.glpi-project.org/wiki/doku.php?id=en:ldap but this is simply not good enough.

Anyways,
CN=glpi, CN=users, DC=MYDOMAIN, DC= NET -  What if my user GPLI is in the CN or OU= Seperate Words ? Do I need to add " or ' ?

Now On the bottom I pasted a link from WiKi  - HOST:  Please note there is no such FIELD. There is "Server: I would assume it's the same think"
Either I type just IP address or LDAP://MyDC.MySubAD.MySubAd.Ad.example.com (I have a subdomain that I control) 

Specify the domain controller name or IP address and the domain name as your BaseDN

Host: ldap://myDC.myAD.example.com
      BaseDN: DC=myAD,DC=example,DC=com  - BaseDN is of My Subdomain or a ROOT Domain ?

There are to many questions and not enough answers, could anyone assist if I send some screenshots? and help me out setting this up ?

#2 2010-11-09 00:34:40

sean.tapscott

Re: GLPI + Active Directory Integration

I'd like to help, but most of your post doesn't make sense.  If you do need help looking for the DSN of an object in your AD topology, try opening ADSI Edit and right clicking on the object and opening its Properties.  Inside, you'll find a property called "disinguishedName".  Just copy and paste that into your DSN field in GLPI. 

Besides that, seems like most of your question has to do with LDAP queries.  If you struggle to understand them, maybe you should ask the administrator of the AD systems to help or do some basic searches in Google for how to do LDAP queries.

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

#3 2010-11-09 10:52:05

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

#4 2010-11-15 17:21:46

mariuszp

ok, Sorry for this mess and chaotic post.
It was frustrating.
What I've done was :

1.  Get the latest version of GLPI
2.  Download LDAP Explorer
3.  Navigate to my name
4.  Copy and paste all the details

When I do the test now, it says: Test successful (Main server : "servername") so it's great.

However, I can't import any users.
I go to Administration-->Users-->LDAP Directory Link-->Import new users
Then the new window comes up with just one field "login" so I type my login name, or other user in active directory I want to add.

I get " No users to be imported "

Is there any log I can look and see why ?

I tried to login as myself using my AD user name and password to glpi but it did not work.
Any thoughts?

#5 2010-11-16 11:11:41

mariuszp

Could any one help ?

#6 2010-11-16 14:57:55

bca67

Hi

Why do you would import LDAP user ?
The philosopy of external auth is a powerful method. If you delete or susp any user in your LDAP automatically the user not log on in GLPI.
If you would include any user into glpi, go in Administration-->user-->external and include the login by press import of LDAP.

I hope that  this help for you.
bye

#7 2010-11-18 14:28:04

bunak

Hi all.
I cannot connect GLPI to my AD. Then I want test a ldap in my ActiveDirectory.
In explorer I start a command

ldap://dc.domain.local/

In result I have a window a search people. But when I do search I have a error in message "may be lost connection with computer" (translated from Russian).

If I start command with wrong domain controller name, by example

ldap://dc1.domain.local/

I have other error message "Can't use this service of catalog"(translate from Russian). So I think that I correctly connected in first case.

Is it problem, that don't give me connect gpli to AD?

But a tools wab.exe work correctly with active directory!

Last edited by bunak (2010-11-18 14:55:35)

#8 2010-11-18 15:18:14

bunak

URA
The error while search people throw the

ldap://dc.domain.local/

is no critical.

I connect GLPI to AD. On Web - server I have ping a domain controller -dc. And have no ping a DC by name. So I change a server name parameter in GLPI setting to ip- address and have connect to AD
smile

Board footer