You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-10-14 11:45:55

killa

Automatic calculation of time required to solve ticket

Hello!
That day, looking on the internet the solution of several problems.
First - how to automatically count the time spent on the ticket?
We can only set the time manually.
Second - how to add custom field configuration page for authentication to LDAP (Setup -> Authentication -> LDAP directory). Interested in adding a field location. Need to make room import user from LDAP. Or it can be done by external scripts?
Maybe someone has their own decisions?
P.S. Yesterday updated to version 0.78
P.S. I apologize for my English ... writing through a translator, because there is no normal life for the Russian-speaking GLPI

#2 2010-10-14 15:40:03

sean.tapscott

Re: Automatic calculation of time required to solve ticket

The "automatically count the time spent on tickets" question is common.  What would you count?  Would you count from the time the ticket was opened to the time it was closed?  If so, why not just find difference between closing and opening time? 

Oh, but what if you want to start counting time worked from the first response to the closing time?  Ok, do that, but realize that there are a lot of things that can happen between the opening and closing of a ticket.  How do you know that they worked on the this ticket the whole time?  If you assume that they did, or IF they did, I would be concerned that they weren't able to multitask. 

Lets say the solution is to reinstall Windows, do you want them to count those hours that they spend waiting for hte reinstall to finish?  Want to count the time spent staring at a progress bar?  0--------50%-------100%?  I really hope not.  A good technician would start the install, then go do something else, while checking back in on it occasionally.  How would you count that?

And that's why there's a space to manually put how much time you spent on a task.  There is far too much to consider, including special cases of non-urgent tickets submitted after Support hours and many others.  My way to count time spent on tickets is so complicated that I had to write down the methodology, but it gives me consistent results. 

Don't even bother trying to calculate time spent.  Its a waste.   Calculate and report on First Response times, and then First Response to Close time.  Do averages of them, do "longest" over a week.

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

#3 2010-10-14 16:53:50

killa

At the moment only interested in the possibility of automatic calculation of time depending on the status of the ticket. For example, an engineer assigned to the ticket with the status "new." This does not mean that the ticket will be immediately accepted for execution. When an engineer is released, the changes in the designated ticket status to "work". And from that moment to begin counting time. When the ticket status is "closed", it implies the existence of a solution. Consequently, when an engineer wrote the decision of the ticket and puts the status of "closed", and then have to stop the running count of time. Thus we clearly see how much time spent as an engineer in the solution of the problem. Of course, during the reinstallation of Windows can perform other tasks, but eventually the time to reinstall your operating system will be beneficial.
So now we just want to understand how to implement in GLPI counting time, that is exactly which file we must add our entry in the source code. In other words, "to which the paste to make as we have," speaking in Russian.

#4 2010-10-14 19:35:49

sean.tapscott

I won't be able to tell you where to make the source code changes, but I can say that when I assign a ticket to someone, the status changes to "Processing (assigned)" automatically.  I haven't used the validation or approval, but maybe this isn't possible with GLPI without heavy source code modification.

#5 2010-10-15 09:57:42

killa

in a previous job we used to register the ticket (and only) product to HP. Ticket could "hang" unassigned for a long time, because it has not always been free engineers.
What about heavy modification of source code - this problem is standard (automatic calculation of time), a decision which, in my opinion, is not super-hard. It is only necessary to understand where to add code ...

#6 2010-10-15 15:06:28

sean.tapscott

If you know SQL well, you could try the "Reports" plugin.  Don't know what it would be called in Russian, or whether its even available.  But there is a good developers guide on the wiki, though you'd have to translate that as well.

#7 2010-10-15 16:21:42

killa

Thanks for the recommendation!
With the transfer problems would not arise because of the work have to read literature written in technical English.
I will myself to seek a solution of this problem, if not found in the developer documentation. Be sure to find a solution and lay out the results here, unless, of course, I was someone ahead of him.

#8 2010-10-21 13:09:22

killa

with regards to automatic calculation of time is understandable. Will have to dig. And what can you say about the second paragraph?

Second - how to add custom field configuration page for authentication to LDAP (Setup -> Authentication -> LDAP directory). Interested in adding a field location. Need to make room import user from LDAP. Or it can be done by external scripts?

Board footer