You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2009-12-16 22:18:36

MarkIT

OCS Import / GLPI / OCS Inventory Synchronization Problem

Hello,

I'm running Fedora 10 (fully updated as of yesterday), GLPI 0.72.3, OCS 1.02 and OCS Import v1.3.0

My problem is that lets say someone deletes many computers from within GLPI but the computers still exist in the OCS database and I want to re-import those computer back into GLPI from OCS. How do I do that?

I found one way but it is highly inefficient and that would be to delete the computer from OCS and allow the agent to re-import in into OCS and then GLPI picks it up and puts it back in its database. I'd like to know if there is a way within GLPI to force it to synchronize with ALL of the computers in the OCS database regardless of whether or not it is new or used to exist.

Because I've been looking at the options available in the OCS Import plugin and  the four that are available are not able to do it.

The only four I see are these:
Sychronize computer already imported
Import new computers
Link new OCS computers to exsting GLPI computers
Cline links between GLPI and OCS

I tried all of them and they won't pull a computer that I've deleted from GLPI but still exists in OCS back into GLPI.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank You,

Mark

#2 2009-12-16 22:39:32

bwm367
Website

Re: OCS Import / GLPI / OCS Inventory Synchronization Problem

When deleting computers from GLPI, they go into a trash can. If GLPI picks up a computer in OCS that is in the trashcan, it wont import it.
Try checking and cleaning out the trash can by going into the computer inventory, and in the search at the top, towards the right there is an image of a trash can, change that field to "yes" and GLPI will search the trash can. You can than select objects in there and 'purge' them, which actually deletes them from GLPI.
After that, Selecting "Import New Computers" should pick up the deleted one again. That seems to be the most likely cause for you problem.

My Configuration: GLPI .72.3 running on XAMPP from a VMware Virtual Machine (Windows XP). PHP 5.2, Apache 2.2.3...

#3 2009-12-16 22:43:40

MarkIT

Thank you very much, that did the trick!

Mark

#4 2010-10-14 11:12:37

carias
Website

I just installed ubuntu server 10.04, ocsinventory 1.02 and glpi 0.72. I alredy have all pc inventored on ocsinventory but when tried to import them to glpi nothing happened, only says no pc to import. I installed plugin for ocs massive  and I activated  but non pc is imported. What can I do?

Carlos Arias

#5 2010-10-14 12:47:47

wawa
GLPI-DEV
Website

carias wrote:

I just installed ubuntu server 10.04, ocsinventory 1.02 and glpi 0.72. I alredy have all pc inventored on ocsinventory but when tried to import them to glpi nothing happened, only says no pc to import. I installed plugin for ocs massive  and I activated  but non pc is imported. What can I do?

please, this is a new question so open a new post !

Board footer