You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-10-11 12:18:48

dave08

Install software on multiple computers

Hi. I'm using GLPI 0.72.4 for about one month now.
It doesn't seem possible to apply software templates (including several programs) to computer templates. Not even to update several computers at the same time with the same software. Am I wrong ?
This would be useful in my case, where I have labs with 30 pc's with exactly the same installed software, and it seems that I can only add each one at once.
Regards
Dave

#2 2010-10-11 18:14:17

sean.tapscott

Re: Install software on multiple computers

Yeah, its a problem, I agree.  Most users of GLPI are using OCS together with GLPI, though I don't.  People who use OCS don't have the problem because OCS does all the importing and updating and adding of software and other things.

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

#3 2010-10-11 18:28:00

dave08

sean.tapscott wrote:

Yeah, its a problem, I agree.  Most users of GLPI are using OCS together with GLPI, though I don't.  People who use OCS don't have the problem because OCS does all the importing and updating and adding of software and other things.

Thank you very much for the reply. That's what I thought. Well, I'll continue to use GLPI even without this feature as I already have much information added. Maybe this feature will be available soon.
Regards
Dave

#4 2010-10-11 19:03:04

sean.tapscott

Managing too many computers to just sort by absence of a software and then select the first one, go down through and "install" it on each one?  I'm only managing 150 or so, so making mass changes manually hasn't become a big deal for me yet.

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

Board footer