You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-10-06 16:10:21

adrianmarsh

Duplicate ticket creation by email

Hi All,

Somthing I'm trying to figure out in 0.72.3 (maybe fixd in 0.72.4 ?)

A user creates a ticket.. and I need a manager signoff on this ticket.
So at present, I forward the ticket by Outlook as an attachement to the manager, keeping the subject, CCing GLPI, and ask them to reply-all.

The manager replies (yes/no), and this is added ok into GLPI, and into that ticket.

However theres one problem.  Sometimes the manager hits "reply" intstead of "reply-all", and therefore GLPI isn't copied.

To try and stop this from happening, I wanted to send emails FROM GLPI to the manager, so that if they hit "reply" then its the helpdesk that they reply to.

The problem is, that when I do this, and GLPI processes the email, even though the subject contains the original ticket number, it creates a new one again, just for that one message.  I'm not sure why this is.

Subject line becomes, eg:  [GLPI #0002855] New ticket - FW: [GLPI #0002854] New ticket - test in 1

I'd love to have a better way of doing this, but I can't see how, as different managers have to sign-off on different things (so a group manager wouldn't work).

Any ideas?

GLPI 0.83.91/CENTOS5 - OCS 1.01/Win2003

#2 2010-10-06 19:13:57

sean.tapscott

Re: Duplicate ticket creation by email

version 0.78 has an approval feature.  Meh.

Now using 0.78.1 on CentOS.

Board footer