You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2009-05-14 18:26:39

Allan

Problem w/ LDAP Active Directory 2008

Hey all...I have seen this similar thread, but nothing seems to work.  I even found the "GLPI LDAP for Dummies" post and followed it to the letter and everything works.

The problem is that I cannot get GLPI to authenticate with my AD 2008 server.  If I try to log in, the system says "Cannot Connect to LDAP Server."  When I am in the Authentication setup page and I try the "Test Connection" and all I get is "Test Failed" error.

Here is my config:

name test
server:  ldap://10.14.1.10
port: 389
base dn:  DC=patriots
root dn:  CN=glpi,DC=patriots
password: <redacted>
login field:  samaccountname
connection filter:  (objectClass=*)
use TLS:  ldap_start_tls does not exist
How LDAP...aliases:  Never Dereferenced
Search Type:  In Users

The rest of the fields are standard.  For the life of me, I cannot get it to connect.  However, on the same server I created a small web page with php code that connected to the ldap server and displayed the user (glpi) credentials.  So, I know that PHP LDAP is configured and working.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Allan

#2 2009-05-14 20:48:00

Allan

Re: Problem w/ LDAP Active Directory 2008

Solved!

I don't know if this is an issue with AD 2008 or not, but to get this to work, I had to set the root dn field as domain\usernamei.  So in my example, the correct entry would be:

root dn:  patriots\glpi

Once I did this, it tested fine, logged in and now I am importing users.  I stumbled upon this solution when I was looking for a good LDAP browser.  If anyone is interested....check this out:

http://www.jxplorer.org/

Really good.

#3 2009-05-15 15:52:33

JoelC

I tend to write my LDAP user as ldapuser@domain.com (even if they don't have an email address). This usually takes care of most of the apps that require the domain.

Joel

#4 2010-06-10 17:03:53

umattu

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, don't know why I didn't think to try that but THANK YOU!....

Board footer