You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-06-02 12:39:45

GrandmastaJ

license counting

hi,
i'm a newbie to glpi.
so sorry for all stupid questions.

i intalled the newest ocs and glpi-versions. eveything is fine.
i wrote a script which reads all exe-files and com-files on the harddisk of pc's and get it in ocs.

every software is sorted in categories (e. g. the category "7-Zip" contains the uninstall-information and the exe- and com-files, in sum 5 entries). we have a lot of software, that is only copied, so this way.

sync between ocs and glpi works.
i can see the categories in glpi.
in glpi i inserted some contracts and licenses for the software.

problem is that the category e. g. "7-Zip" shows 5 licenses installed (for the 5 entries in the category).

is there any posibility that not the entries in the category are counted (here 5), but rather the category (here 1)?
7-Zip is "one" product which contains some files.

hope someone can help.
thanks.

joe

#2 2010-06-04 08:14:18

GrandmastaJ

Re: license counting

hello,
no one any ideas???????

i thought that the sense of categories is to group a set of files (single files or registry-uninstall-information) to "1" entity.
in glpi is the category, but the licenses counts every entry in the group. i think that is not correct.

when you install different versions of a software, the license is for both of them.

am i right or totally wrong??????

please let me know what i have to do.
thanks
joe

#3 2010-06-04 10:19:00

GrandmastaJ

hello,
under inventory, software i can see all the categories i created.

the counting in the row "Number - Installations" works like that:
- count every file or uninstall-string information you found (every entry that exists)

example:

category: VideoLAN_Client

pc1: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe         n/a               (file)
pc1: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe                  1.0.5.0         (file)
pc1: VLC media player 1.0.5                                           1.0.5            (uninstall-information)

pc2: C:\Programme\VideoLAN\uninstall.exe                    n/a              (file)
pc2: C:\Programme\VideoLAN\vlc.exe                             1.0.0           (file)

total number of installations for glpi is 5, because the counting of all entries found is 5.

correct is the counting of the different pcs with the category that exists. here 2.

does anybody knows how to "patch" that in the scripts of glpi?

thanks
joe

#4 2010-06-04 16:52:19

teleute

You might be able to use software dictionaries to merge some of the ones you only want counted once.  Regarding the statement "when you install different versions of a software, the license is for both of them." - this is not always correct, depending on the software.  Some licenses are for a particular version only, so you don't want any merging to happen automatically.  Dictionaries can let you say X and Y are the same software, even though they're worded a bit differently, so you should merge them together and only count them once.  I'm not sure how to apply them to categories the way you've described, but here's some links to get you started:

http://www.glpi-project.org/forum/viewt … p?id=17868

http://www.glpi-project.org/wiki/doku.p … ftwares_en

OS Ubuntu 18.04,  GLPI  9.3.1,  OCS  2.5

#5 2010-06-07 10:15:50

tottobauer

GrandmastaJ wrote:

hi,

i wrote a script which reads all exe-files and com-files on the harddisk of pc's and get it in ocs.

joe

Hello,

i am hardly intersted in this script.

are you willed to share yout script?

Greetings from Germany

Thorsten Bauer

Board footer