You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-04-11 03:10:05

wakesk8

Email setup instructions for Gmail

Done a couple of searches and have seen posts of using a gmail account as the admin email notifications from GLPI.  We're currently have been using GLPi for inventory only (Very well done), but would like to expand to using notifications and also the helpdesk functions.  Anyone willing to provide step by step instructions on how to get email notifications setup with a gmail account?  GLPI is a great product.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

#2 2010-04-14 20:08:11

bartek

Re: Email setup instructions for Gmail

I wonder if you have found a solution, for sending notification using a gmail account. If you did could you post it here?

I am running debian, and tried already the php.ini to configure with and without specifying the mail function "smtp" and "smtp_port" option (which says for win2 only) but until now I didn't manage to send out any email sad

I also tried inside GLPI Notifications menu specifying smtp.gmail.com and smtp.gmail.com:25 and smtp.gmail.com:587 but still nothing.

Has anyone an idea?

Thanks in advance

Bartek

PS
I have this problem just with gmail, but due to some corporate necessity I need gmail working.

Last edited by bartek (2010-04-14 21:33:58)

debian 5.0.4 , MySql 5.1, PHP 5, GLPI 0.72.4, OCS 1.3.1

#3 2010-04-14 23:36:58

wakesk8

Still no solution found.  I'm running the following GLPI config:  ubuntu 9.10 Server; MySQL 5; php 5; GLPI 0.72.4; OCS 1.3.1.  I also tried updating the php.ini smtp info and still got the fail message when performing the Administrator test send.

#4 2010-04-15 17:50:12

bartek

Ok I got it working now wink

1. verify in your php.ini (/etc/php5/apache2) that the following line is without the " ; " comment upfront 

sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

just uncomment it on the For UNIX only line! the windows parts I left commented.

2. In GLPI  Central  > Setup > Notifications I use the following settings:
Use a SMTP server to send emails: PHP
SMTP Host: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Login: your gmail login without the @gmail.com!
SMTP Password: your gmail password

then confirm with "Post"

and try if it works with clicking on "Post" underneath "Test to send a email to the administrator"

Board footer