You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-04-04 02:05:16

Brazen

prevent techs from assigning tickets to anyone but themselves

It looks like the best role for techs is in the "admin" role.  The only problem I have is that I do not want techs to be able to assign tickets to other techs.  Some techs abuse this ability and it gets out of hand and makes a mess of things when we have a tech that likes to assign any difficult tickets to someone else.

I think it's great that techs can add updates to other tech's tickets ( and it keeps track of who added the updates ).  But for keeping track of who the assigned tech is, I only want techs to be able to assign to themselves or assign it to [nobody].

#2 2010-04-04 08:16:54

remi
GLPI-DEV
Website

Re: prevent techs from assigning tickets to anyone but themselves

Check the "assign ticket" right in the profile configuration.

+

Dév. Fedora 29 - PHP 5.6/7.0/7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - MariaDB 10.3 - GLPI master
Certifié ITILv3 - RPM pour Fedora, RHEL et CentOS sur https://blog.remirepo.net/

#3 2010-04-06 01:38:00

Brazen

Re: prevent techs from assigning tickets to anyone but themselves

I checked this out and setting the "assign a ticket" to no does prevent me from assigning the ticket to someone else, which is great.  The only problem is that now I can't assign a ticket back to [nobody] which is misleading because [nobody] shows up in the drop down for who is assigned the ticket.

Is this a bug?  I would think if you can't set a ticket back to being unassigned, then [nobody] should not show up in the drop down after it has been assigned to me.  However, I would just prefer that it did allow me unassign a ticket from myself.

The use case for this is: say I'm assigned and working on a ticket, but I won't be able to continue (maybe because I'm going on vacation or someone else just needs to do the rest).  I could just dump the ticket back out to unassigned so someone else will see it and know they need to grab it.  This isn't a big deal though, because I'm thinking a better solution would be to just change the status back to "New" so it will show up under the "new" tickets just like it had never been assigned.

Just some thoughts.

Board footer