You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-03-25 17:16:46

MarkIT

Email / Work Order Problem

Hello,

I'm running GLPI 0.72.4 on Windows Server 2008 and I have it setup to connect to an email address to check for work orders the users have sent to that address and automatically create a work order.

My question is, how do I force GLPI to check the email account for new emails? For me it does not seem to check consistently and if possible I would like to setup a scheduled task to force it to check just like I have it also force a sync between GLPI and OCSNG every 10 minutes.

I'm using IMAP to authenticate to my mail server if that makes any difference and I know it works if I manually force it to get the email. I've done some checking here on the forum and someone tried to force run cron.php at specified intervals and that doesn't seem to work for me. It still seems to pull the emails inconsistently. I made sure "extension=php_imap.dll" was not commented in php.ini.

Thank you,

Mark

Last edited by MarkIT (2010-03-25 21:05:50)

#2 2010-03-25 21:51:36

MarkIT

Re: Email / Work Order Problem

I think I've figured how I thinks it's supposed to work.

In the file cron.class.php there is this line $this->taches["mailgate"]=600;

By default it seems to want to pull mail every 10 minutes which in my case was not happening. As a test I changed it to 30 seconds but as I monitored the cron.log file it was not attempting to pull the mail every 30 seconds. I then used a batch file to try to continually force run "php cron.php" once a second and discovered that after 30 seconds have passed between each successful email pull it was able to do it again and create tickets.

I then changed it to 60 seconds and it successfully only pulled email to create tickets after 60 seconds had passed between each successful pull, this is while I was trying to run the batch file every second. So for whatever reason mine won't pull email and create tickets automatically but If I change those values and create a scheduled task to run the batch file to force pull it does work.

I hope this might help someone else out there.

Mark

Board footer