You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2010-02-18 17:20:20

JSnug

Enable 0kb PDF uploads?

Hi,

First of all - thanks very much to the guys who wrote GLPI, it is proving very clever and useful for us.

We have stumbled upon a problem though - if a user emails our helpdesk email address (e.g. helpdesk@helpdesk.com) and attaches a blank/0kb PDF, it isn't uploaded onto the helpdesk server.

It'd be helpful for us if these 0kb files were uploaded, as many of our users are computer illiterate, and it would help us in the trouble shooting process (e.g. by being able to say - "Ah yes, I'm looking at your PDF now, I'm afraid the reason you can't open it is because it is empty").

Is there a field we need to edit to make this work?

Thanks, James

#2 2010-02-24 16:59:40

JSnug

Re: Enable 0kb PDF uploads?

Additionally, I have noticed that if a user emails in a ticket with an attachment that does not have a file extension, GLPI won't display the attachment. I guess because 'no file extension' is not defined as a particular document type.

Certainly this is a common helpdesk ticket for us, e.g. a user is sent a PDF document that is missing the .PDF extension, nothing happens when the try to open the file, and therefore they send it on to the helpdesk.

To be honest I would prefer to disable the entire file type functionality and just accept any file.

Board footer