You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2008-01-04 15:49:11

jp10558

GLPI English Documentation

I have a bunch of Wiki pages that I could print to PDF or copy over that go over at least what we do with GLPI 0.68.3-2, with some updates (as I have time) for 0.70. Is there a mechanism to contribute/sanatize screenshots and the textual info?

Of course, for me just providing a PDF dump is easiest, but I suppose I could get some time to migrate over info to a Wiki if it's somewhat similar to the TWiki we use at work.

#2 2008-01-04 15:57:37

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: GLPI English Documentation

Thank you for your interest in GLPI project.

Thank you also for your contribution.

GLPI really needs english documentation.

I think syntax of the dokuwiki we use is not to different.

You are welcome if you want to put your documentation in our wiki. To edit page, you just need to use your forum login/pass

JMD / Jean-Mathieu Doléans - Glpi-project.org - Association Indepnet
Apportez votre pierre au  projet GLPI   : Soutenir

#3 2008-01-04 16:07:50

dagar

I am not sure how easily the wiki software that glpi is based on will support pdf import.  At the very least see if you can post the pdf somewhere where we can all get at it.  (Or if your wiki software will do a different text export that is easier to copy and paste the text.)  That way we all can take a look at it and piece by piece put it on the wiki. 
I have tried taking the french wiki pages and passing it through either bablefish or google translator and then trying to clean it up.  Time consuming and ugly.  I think that you being willing to post the pdf is a great start and I will pledge that I will help taking chunks of it and putting it on the wiki.
Derek

#4 2008-01-04 16:22:20

dagar

JMD,
What modifications/customizations to dokuwiki did you do? (if any)
Internally I use moinmoin, but there are some things about mediawiki that I like better.  Hopefully moinmoin 1.6 will help close the gap.  Anyway, I had been meaning to try dokuwiki and did not realize that glpi uses that.

Also, I have went on the development wiki (Trac) and the plugin development wiki and tried to parse that through google translator or bablefish to get a better feel of how development is going and how I may be able to contribute, but since it is https, I have to copy and past the text and it comes out real ugly.  Is there anyway to get at a non secure web page for trac to parse it through bablefish or google translator?
Derek

#5 2008-01-04 16:36:28

jp10558

I'm looking at the wiki, and unfortunately there is a big difference in our layout from your's - that is I think we'll need to chunk up what I have and then sort of integrate it. I'm trying to figure out how best to do that, but till then, I think I'll post the PDF dumps.

I can post (somewhere) a raw wikitext from the edit screen of the appropriate wiki pages...

Actually, how would I attach files/images/etc to the wiki?

Last edited by jp10558 (2008-01-04 16:38:07)

#6 2008-01-04 18:06:37

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

I understand , you could  create new page and put your raw wiki text if your prefered

Also you could make pdf documentation (if you find it easier)  and add it on the wiki page or send us by mail  : jmd ATNOSPAM indepnet.net

#7 2008-01-04 18:21:25

jp10558

Ok, see what I have so far here:
http://glpi-project.org/wiki/doku.php?id=wiki:accueil

I'll try and spend some time with this as I have time. The wiki is apparantly very different from Twiki so I think just creating it from the text etc might work better.

#8 2008-01-04 18:39:30

JMD
GLPI - Lead
Website

Thank you for contribution

I will have a look at the doc you put.

Board footer