You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2007-07-20 09:22:24

smalchow

Network devices, ocs-ng and snmp

Hi,

i am aware that there were already a few threads dealing with import of network devices. So far form my point of view it looks this way

- glpi cannot import ocs network devices
- ocs only holds ip addresses as well as MAC addresses for those network devices

i think the information coming form ocs is enough for a start. network devices rarely change their MAC address ( at least at our place ) therefore the MAC address could be used as an unique identifier.

the next thing that was mentioned is, that the data coming from ocs does not include enough information, i totally agreee to that, the solution would be, for example, to use snmp, almost all network devices are at least capable of running snmp. all information such as

- manufacturer
- make and model
- number of interfaces

can be added though snmp.

i am not a programmer, but i would be willing to work on the snmp OIDs and supply maps for several network components ( Nortel, HP, Dell, Cisco ) to be used in such function.

Regards
Soeren

#2 2007-07-23 15:32:45

dagar

Re: Network devices, ocs-ng and snmp

I would like to see GLPI integrate witho something like zenoss.  (http://www.zenoss.com)
OCS does the inventorying of software and supposedly (i have never gotten it to work) does software packaging and installation.  Zenoos does the network management and monitoring.  It would sure be nice to see this integration and maybe that is what you are thinking of. 
Looks like others are already working on this same thing:
http://community.zenoss.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2814

#3 2007-07-23 19:04:26

Darkfang

Re: Network devices, ocs-ng and snmp

I am the one currently developping it.
It is quite "easy" to synchronise events/tickets from zenoss to GLPI because both are stored in mysql databases.

The matter is zenoss keeps all hardware datas in Zeo database. And as i have never wrote any python code, it's impossible for me to synchronise hardware... Even if I knew python, Zeo seems to be an objet databse and not a regular relational one like mysql so there has to be a lot of work to translate data from object to usual sql entry

Board footer