You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2005-05-04 11:51:07

dmcintosh

Serial N° not unique

In Inventory -> Computers -> add Computer -> Choose Templet
Serial #1
Serial #2
I can enter the same serial N) numerous times.  How do I make this a unique N° ??

#2 2005-05-04 12:22:50

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: Serial N° not unique

You can not do it easily. You could add a unique tag on the field in the DB but I think it will produce some strange behaviors.

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2005-05-04 14:31:09

dmcintosh

Strange as the serial N° is probably the most important thing in indentifying the material. Impossible to have 2 identical N°
Also concerning the software licences. Same goes for that

#4 2005-05-04 14:34:22

dmcintosh

When adding material how do I prevent from entering a double.

#5 2005-05-04 14:54:01

baaz

Also concerning the software licences. Same goes for that

So if you works on a structure that do not buy and pay some licences, and install things with the same serial for many computers...

When adding material how do I prevent from entering a double.

When you're going to the supermarket how do you prevent from buying the same thing two times ?

We can understand what you're saying, and we know that can causes problems...

But the serials fields are some particular, many people uses GLPI take these fields for there own internal classification options for ressources, or other things...
I think it would better to let fields like that without control, and to be serious we have things much important to do with GLPI for now.

Features like that may come when we'll have time and GLPI would be near of his 1.0 version, or if you can't wait so long, go on do it, then publish a patch and after discution & validation it may be integrated to an official release.

Bazile Lebeau

Board footer