You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2007-05-04 05:28:38

nhoeller

Tracking Asset Changes

First of all, great application!  I have been testing OCS Inventory-NG and GLPI for a client who is running large numbers of Linux servers and desperately needs something to keep on top of assets.  The ticket feature of GLPI may also server their needs as a change request workflow system. 

Has any thought been given to track and display changes in assets for a computer?  My previous employer developed a home-grown SQL system many years ago that collected system configuration information nightly.  Before the new information was uploaded, all data was copied to another database.  A change report was then generated showing adds, minor changes and deletions.  Something similar in GLPI would be an excellent way of detecting both environmental and software changes.
      thanks, Norbert

Last edited by nhoeller (2007-05-04 05:32:09)

#2 2007-05-04 08:37:02

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: Tracking Asset Changes

there is an history for each item. Is it the thing you want ?

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2007-05-04 16:15:33

nhoeller

Julien, how do I display this history? 

What I envisioned was a report that allowed me to compare the current asset inventory for a computer with a previous asset inventory, listing what assets were added, deleted or changed (say, software version number, RAM, etc.).  A way to detect which computers had changes would be helpful.  A nice extension would be the ability to define multiple comparison points (last 24 hours, last week, last month), but that could require a lot of database space.
       Thanks, Norbert

#4 2007-05-04 18:22:31

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

in the History Tab of each item you have the changes which was made on it (add, delete, updates).
But there is no real search engine for it for the moment but it is planned

#5 2007-05-04 19:54:28

nhoeller

That's great!  With all the features in GLPI, I missed that one (:-). 

I will test this feature further, but I think what is there today will be sufficient for the client's needs.  If not, I will investigate whether it is possible to develop an offline report.  I'm looking at the format of glpi_history as I type....
     Thanks, Norbert

#6 2007-05-04 21:40:33

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

If you create such a thing we will be interesting in testing it to see if it could be integrated in GLPI.

Board footer