You are not logged in.

Announcement

Téléchargez la dernière version stable de GLPI      -     Et vous, que pouvez vous faire pour le projet GLPI ? :  Contribuer
 Download last stable version of GLPI                      -     What can you do for GLPI ? :  Contribute

#1 2006-12-11 11:02:37

BrainSCAN

English in the forum

Hello.

I think it would be a great idea to add an English option in the forum so people who don't speak French can access easily.

I'm Spanish, so English isn't my mother language, but I'm sure that if you support more English the project will attract more people.

Also... what about a forum for Spanish people? :-)

Regards.

#2 2006-12-11 11:39:05

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

Re: English in the forum

The english section is here  for the non french people.
We will support more english when some english people will contribute to the project.
90% of our users are french. 90% of our contributors are french (10% non french are translators).

So we ask for a fluent french / english without success...

MoYo - Julien Dombre - Association INDEPNET
Contribute to GLPI :    Support     Contribute     References     Freshmeat

#3 2006-12-11 11:43:53

BrainSCAN

I understand. If we start a good project based on GLPI we'll support mainly the spanish version.

Fortunately, as je parle un peu française, I could create an account to this forum, but what I wanted to say is that as this forum software supports also english (PunBB) why don't you enable that people can see the standard messages in english? If not, all the log in process has to be done in française...

#4 2006-12-11 12:15:31

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

you could change your language in your profile

#5 2006-12-11 12:27:10

BrainSCAN

Yes, but that's after you've signed in... but while you haven't created an account you only see french.

Also, someone who just wants to search something through the forum (without having signed in) has to do it in french. It limits english spoken people to join the project.

#6 2006-12-11 17:35:12

dagar

Yes, I agree.  I am only English speaking and I wanted to 1st get really familiar to glpi and then possibly start contributing. I notice that most of the documentation is in French.  I am assuming that most of the source code will be in French as well.  This brings up a larger issue with OSS, Internationalization.  How do you effectively contribute to a project not in your native tounge?

#7 2006-12-12 05:45:50

MoYo
GLPI - Lead
Website

You could write documentation directly in english where is the problem ?
The source code is at 80-90% in english... And is understandable wthout using the comments...

Board footer